Jump to content

Davo1972

JVC DLA-N5/DLA-N7/DLA-NX9 Owners Thread

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, otagomed said:

I should have checked it before I mounted on a ceiling...  such a heavy projector lol.

Before you pack it away just try plugging It in at another power source. You don’t have a USB connected ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, franin said:

Before you pack it away just try plugging It in at another power source. You don’t have a USB connected ?

 

Tried it on another power source as well but same result.  No USB connected to the projector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, otagomed said:

Tried it on another power source as well but same result.  No USB connected to the projector.

Damn! That’s no good. Curious what month and year is yours ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2019 at 7:06 PM, franin said:

Damn! That’s no good. Curious what month and year is yours ? 

It says MY 05 2019.  I actually bought it back in november but just opened as the new house is now complete.

Edited by otagomed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, otagomed said:

Got a new JVC nx-9 projector.  Opened the box and mounted on a ceiling.  Turned the power on and approximately 30 seconds later it turns off with the warning lights on. According to the manual ‘the internal temperature is abnormally high’. 
 

i haven’t even seen any picture out of the projector and the machine doesn’t seem to be hot at all.  Is this a faulty unit?  Anything I may have forgotten during the installations?  TIA

You said warning light’s’.

 

May I ask,  30 seconds after power up, does the right hand led go from green to red, with the left hand warning led flashing red & middle led flashing orange?

Edited by Jimval

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, otagomed said:

It says MY 05 2019.  I actually bought it back in september but just opened as the new house is now complete.

Hope they sort it for you quickly, the price of these projector they should of been checked before sending out. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where can i upload a short video ( 9MB)  ?  its of the flashing error code of an NX9 i had that had a failed sub power supply board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wooferocau said:

Where can i upload a short video ( 9MB)  ?  its of the flashing error code of an NX9 i had that had a failed sub power supply board. 

What cause a failed sub power supply board ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


46 minutes ago, Jimval said:

You said warning light’s’.

 

May I ask,  30 seconds after power up, does the right hand led go from green to red, with the left hand warning led flashing red & middle led flashing orange?

So after 30seconds, Left warning light flashes repetedtly 3 times (the manual says it is internal temperature issue), the middle light is off, right light turn from green to red)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a small UPS on my N7. It provides surge and spike protection, and true sine wave AC output as soon as power fails. I get 10+ minutes of backup allowing plenty of time to shut the projector down normally upon a power outage - permitting the projector fan to cool the lamp etc before shutdown. Given the cost of these projectors, vulnerability of their power circuits, and the the pain in the arse when you have to pull one off the ceiling and take it in for repair, I believe one of these is cheap insurance. The one I have runs silent until mains outage, then its internal fan cuts in. I also have it backing up my HTPC. I would be happy to provide details if anyone wants more info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TrueRealist said:

I have a small UPS on my N7. It provides surge and spike protection, and true sine wave AC output as soon as power fails. I get 10+ minutes of backup allowing plenty of time to shut the projector down normally upon a power outage - permitting the projector fan to cool the lamp etc before shutdown. Given the cost of these projectors, vulnerability of their power circuits, and the the pain in the arse when you have to pull one off the ceiling and take it in for repair, I believe one of these is cheap insurance. The one I have runs silent until mains outage, then its internal fan cuts in. I also have it backing up my HTPC. I would be happy to provide details if anyone wants more info.

That’s a good idea :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2019 at 5:54 PM, TrueRealist said:

I have a small UPS on my N7. It provides surge and spike protection, and true sine wave AC output as soon as power fails. I get 10+ minutes of backup allowing plenty of time to shut the projector down normally upon a power outage - permitting the projector fan to cool the lamp etc before shutdown. Given the cost of these projectors, vulnerability of their power circuits, and the the pain in the arse when you have to pull one off the ceiling and take it in for repair, I believe one of these is cheap insurance. The one I have runs silent until mains outage, then its internal fan cuts in. I also have it backing up my HTPC. I would be happy to provide details if anyone wants more info.

 

On 22/12/2019 at 5:54 PM, TrueRealist said:

I have a small UPS on my N7. It provides surge and spike protection, and true sine wave AC output as soon as power fails. I get 10+ minutes of backup allowing plenty of time to shut the projector down normally upon a power outage - permitting the projector fan to cool the lamp etc before shutdown. Given the cost of these projectors, vulnerability of their power circuits, and the the pain in the arse when you have to pull one off the ceiling and take it in for repair, I believe one of these is cheap insurance. The one I have runs silent until mains outage, then its internal fan cuts in. I also have it backing up my HTPC. I would be happy to provide details if anyone wants more info.

Been digging around in my shed. Used to use this ups for my system years ago. Might dust it off and give it a go for peace of mind. 

8C5D0921-AA29-4981-904F-1EC160D4CC52.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


24 minutes ago, poppybob said:

 

Been digging around in my shed. Used to use this ups for my system years ago. Might dust it off and give it a go for peace of mind. 

8C5D0921-AA29-4981-904F-1EC160D4CC52.jpeg

Might leave this one. It’s that old I can’t find anywhere online to get new batteries. 

TR,

can u send some details of what your using currently. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, poppybob said:

Might leave this one. It’s that old I can’t find anywhere online to get new batteries. 

TR,

can u send some details of what your using currently. 

Thanks. 

 

F7788946-1C11-4533-9A7D-4767E22E7991.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, poppybob said:

 

F7788946-1C11-4533-9A7D-4767E22E7991.jpeg

Since the calibration getting happier with darker scenes now. So impressed with detail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, poppybob said:

Might leave this one. It’s that old I can’t find anywhere online to get new batteries. 

TR,

can u send some details of what your using currently. 

Thanks. 

CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCDa-AU This is the one I have. It is by far the best value pure sine wave model available in my opinion. I believe a pure sine wave type is important for the high end projectors we are using. It's also the only silent one I could find at the time (fan only runs when mains power fails) so ideal for home theatre. Very happy with mine. They advertise that this also includes a battery replacement within 2 years.

https://www.austin.net.au/cyberpower-pfc-sinewave-series-1500va-900w-10a-tower-ups-with-lcd-and-6-x-au-outlets-cp1500epfclcda-au-2-years-adv-replacement-incl-int-batteries.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgpj8473Z5gIVlBaPCh1YSgPwEAkYCyABEgLTGPD_BwE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks John,

Noted that you live in Perth, would like to catch up sometime in the New Year if available to see how you have hooked it up. Will PM my details if ok..

Cheers.

Bob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TrueRealist said:

CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCDa-AU This is the one I have. It is by far the best value pure sine wave model available in my opinion. I believe a pure sine wave type is important for the high end projectors we are using. It's also the only silent one I could find at the time (fan only runs when mains power fails) so ideal for home theatre. Very happy with mine. They advertise that this also includes a battery replacement within 2 years.

https://www.austin.net.au/cyberpower-pfc-sinewave-series-1500va-900w-10a-tower-ups-with-lcd-and-6-x-au-outlets-cp1500epfclcda-au-2-years-adv-replacement-incl-int-batteries.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgpj8473Z5gIVlBaPCh1YSgPwEAkYCyABEgLTGPD_BwE

 

 

Have you had a look at the “pure” sine wave it generates on a scope?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimval said:

Have you had a look at the “pure” sine wave it generates on a scope?

Man this projector has some great colours and detail. 

9B80CE0C-E029-4B27-8B71-BB4D9A853D5F.jpeg

112798F6-75BA-495A-9760-1F87F0504551.jpeg

2AC9A0E5-A306-49C5-B7AF-45CC3DF614F5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimval said:

Have you had a look at the “pure” sine wave it generates on a scope?

Before I bought this unit I did a bit of research. I recall there is a review of the unit online somewhere that shows the output generated in backup mode on an oscilloscope. The sine wave generated was shown to be more pure than the mains sine wave. You should be able to find this via Google search. Of course the "pureness" of a sine wave is a somewhat subjective thing, and the more money you spend the closer you might get to perfection 🙂 

Edited by TrueRealist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, poppybob said:

Thanks John,

Noted that you live in Perth, would like to catch up sometime in the New Year if available to see how you have hooked it up. Will PM my details if ok..

Cheers.

Bob.

 Sure, PM me and lets find a time that suits.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TrueRealist said:

Before I bought this unit I did a bit of research. I recall there is a review of the unit online somewhere that shows the output generated in backup mode on an oscilloscope. The sine wave generated was shown to be more pure than the mains sine wave. You should be able to find this via Google search. Of course the "pureness" of a sine wave is a somewhat subjective thing, and the more money you spend the closer you might get to perfection 🙂 

 Below is the link to the youtube video I think you were talking about , showing the Cyberpower's sine wave output in backup mode.

 

That is extremely impressive because I understand that most of these types of units especially at that price point actually put out a "dirty" sine wave that more resembles a square wave and not really suitable for sensitive high end AV electronics gear.

 

At the other end of the spectrum there is Isotek and PS Audio that sell pure sine wave generators at 20+ times the price.

 

Mind you, those units are actually generating a "new" sine wave all the time, and are unlike the Cyberpower unit which passes through the mains (sine wave) and only comes into play on backup.

 

Irrespective, you convinced me.

 

I just purchased one .

 

 

cheers

Jim

Edited by Jimval

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimval said:

 Below is the link to the youtube video I think you were talking about , showing the Cyberpower's sine wave output in backup mode.

 

That is extremely impressive because I understand that most of these types of units especially at that price point actually put out a "dirty" sine wave that more resembles a square wave and not really suitable for sensitive high end AV electronics gear.

 

At the other end of the spectrum there is Isotek and PS Audio that sell pure sine wave generators at 20+ times the price.

 

Mind you, those units are actually generating a "new" sine wave all the time, and are unlike the Cyberpower unit which passes through the mains (sine wave) and only comes into play on backup.

 

Irrespective, you convinced me.

 

I just purchased one .

 

 

cheers

Jim

I’m glad I helped with your decision Jim. You also get some quite reasonable spike and surge protection during mains supply, which is a bit more insurance . 
John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

folks, if want some absolutely STUNNING 3D experience check out Moana 3D blu-ray. We watched the blu-ray of this some years ago., saw the 3D version come out and grabbed it some while ago. daughter saw it and wanted to watch in 3D today. and what a great experience on the jvc n7. its like this movie was made for 3D ... right from the opening where to all the way through even with the credits rolling.

 

So so well done and comes up amazingly rendered in 3D. crystal clear and fantastic depth to picture. and some wonderfull colours and textures all way through :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TrueRealist said:

I’m glad I helped with your decision Jim. You also get some quite reasonable spike and surge protection during mains supply, which is a bit more insurance . 
John

Thanks John,

 

You certainly did.

 

I think it’s a perfect lamp saving solution in case of mains loss.

 

I purchased it for $330 delivered.

Well worth it for what it does.

 

cheers

Jim

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...