Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Davo1972

JVC DLA-N5/DLA-N7/DLA-NX9 Owners Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, franin said:

 

 


Will have to run extraction fan. I have 2 Rotel RMB 1585 and a 1552 mk2 and marantz 8805 all with cooling fans above pushing air forward towards the door.

 

 

Honestly pop the extraction fan in the ceiling and a slot grill on the door and won’t have any cooling to be worried off :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Honestly pop the extraction fan in the ceiling and a slot grill on the door and won’t have any cooling to be worried off [emoji4]


I leave the door open. Will have to organise extraction fan. Thanks for your help :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, franin said:

 


I leave the door open. Will have to organise extraction fan. Thanks for your help :)

 

Interesting thing with way air Flow works is to generate air flow it might actually be better with extraction fan to close the door ... feel the amount of air draw then from under the door or through slot vent on it :) anyways can experiment once get fan in and can see effectiveness looking at room temps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guys if into Bond films check out the latest release Daniel Craig UHD collection... I have only checked out the first release in Casino Royale that is first time on UHD. Now I have seen this movie many a time over the years on prior JVCs, Sony and Epson and on blu-ray release and wow is all can say on this one especially with the jvc n7 ...the richness of colour and detail the n7 is rendering with this is absolutely THE best I have ever seen this movie. Have to consider this is a 2006 production and only with a 2K intermediate and yet looks so stunning. I was just sitting there watching thinking just how good is this ! the JVC n7 is indeed giving me quite a re discovery on many great movies I've very much enjoyed in the past ! 

 

0I9A6652.jpeg

 

0I9A6654.jpeg

 

0I9A6657.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cant wait to watch this :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw guys has anyone noticed on low lamp mode at reasonable room temps if the front vent fan works ? Ive. noticed last night looking at the projector from the front the air was only coming out from the left vent. I noticed the right fan not moving. The aircon was on comfortable room temp and at low lamp mode. It was whisper quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, franin said:

Cant wait to watch this :)

 

Indeed do, about to fire up for a matinee session with quantum of solace ...

1 hour ago, franin said:

Btw guys has anyone noticed on low lamp mode at reasonable room temps if the front vent fan works ? Ive. noticed last night looking at the projector from the front the air was only coming out from the left vent. I noticed the right fan not moving. The aircon was on comfortable room temp and at low lamp mode. It was whisper quiet.

Not noticed but will check when fire up and once up and viewing

 

edit... yes its as you describe with left vent, low lamp and whisper quiet.  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good Al. My mistake I was looking at the frame of the fan, I looked closer and it works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have just noticed that the N series seem to be showing up on sale.  Nx5 $7500 and NX7 $9500.  Is there an update on the way or ?  Is this normal and I just didn’t notice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Steam said:

I have just noticed that the N series seem to be showing up on sale.  Nx5 $7500 and NX7 $9500.  Is there an update on the way or ?  Is this normal and I just didn’t notice

No new models coming, these will run thru 2020. Just online pricing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, oztheatre said:

No new models coming, these will run thru 2020. Just online pricing.

Probably best to buy from reputable dealer, most dealers could almost get to that price and you would have the peace of mind knowing if you have issues you have someone who cares to assist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steam said:

I have just noticed that the N series seem to be showing up on sale.  Nx5 $7500 and NX7 $9500.  Is there an update on the way or ?  Is this normal and I just didn’t notice

no new models

34 minutes ago, poppybob said:

Probably best to buy from reputable dealer, most dealers could almost get to that price and you would have the peace of mind knowing if you have issues you have someone who cares to assist. 

100% on this absolutely with a projector no matter the brand very important to buy for a reputable dealer that will stand by you for after sales. there are some turkeys that tend to sell on ebay and online. well worth checking "product review" and take note of the 1,2 and 3 star reviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, franin said:

All good Al. My mistake I was looking at the frame of the fan, I looked closer and it works

in viewing this afternoon i did check. one side blows cool other side a warm. not sure if helps you any ways :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume KLapp is a reputable dealer.  Was just surprised to see the discounted price appearing

 

KLAPPAV.COM.AU

JVC DLA-N5 4K Projector offer true 4K resolution to your home cinema with its 4K D-ILA optical chip, all glass lens and 1800 Lumens of brightness. Key Features 0.69 inch 4K D-ILA 65 mm...

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's actually been cheaper on Klapp before at $9399 from memory.  They run promotions from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betty boop said:

in viewing this afternoon i did check. one side blows cool other side a warm. not sure if helps you any ways :) 

It does Al as mine does the same :) Thanks mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Watched Lion King today. Fantastic. Im starting to use scene by scene to compare to Frame by Frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now some will remember my post a month and half back with some initial thoughts (franin quoted it a day or so ago
)

 

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/262506-jvc-dla-n5dla-n7dla-nx9-owners-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4390969

 

Looking back on that, I think with some 80 hours clocked up, post the frame adapt HDR update done and having viewed across a range of material from blu-ray to DVD to UHD blu-ray to streaming and FTA TV. Its worth reviewing my initial conclusions,

 

and it really is worth reviewing, as I indicated post the frame adapt HDR update particularly with UHD HDR material across streaming and via UHD blu-ray it literally feels like a whole new projector again... 

 

Firstly the frame adapt HDR update, has very much taken tone mapping to a new level. Infact I cant really believe how good it is. it really has been seamless set and forget on no matter what feed it. I am just using it on frame by frame and on auto and using the Wide colour gamut filter. Watching scenes in "for all mankind" on appleTV+ or the uhd of Casino Royale with  all the very bright sunshine shots to ones shot in darkness these are rendered quite beautifully. Same goes with material regardless of source whether it has meta data or not or whether metadata is screwy and regardless of source be it panasonic UHD player to oppo uhd to apple TV+ all just so seamless like water off a ducks back for the JVC. finally we have dynamic tone mapping that works and works so well and in the projector where i have always believed is where it belongs.

 

Where my conclusions have not wavered infact only further re enforced .... are on a quite a few counts. 

 

firstly if there are any bugs or problems... am sorry but i am yet ot see this. no white stripes or green stripes or yellowing or any sort of funny business...and i have kept my eyes peeled. 

 

secondly contrast. IF there is any loss of contrast on this latest n7 vs the previous gen x7000 that I owned. am sorry but I am not missing it.

 

What I have instead been experiencing movie after movie, watching new stuff and re discovering old title after title, what I can categorically say is that what i am seeing and enjoying in them is the best I have seen to date.

 

On a hifi forum if I were to describe in hifi terms...and i will do my best to do :D

 

vs previous gen JVC if i were to describe contrast in say terms of sub bass the difference quite honestly is between a speaker that can do say down to 30hz vs one that can do down to 20hz and possibly even more subtle than that given not missing it. on other hand where the N7 is literally running well ahead on the field is in pure clarity, dynamic range (due to dynamic tone mapping), and rendering of detail and colour in the image it creates.

 

And its not just stuff thats 4k UHD and with HDR and the very best reference material that only shines. I've been enjoying movie after movie on blu-ray, streaming and even older stuff thats maybe a bit on the rougher side of things. No looking back... and goodness number of hours i have clocked up in stuff ive watched in the last month or so is unheard off for me. Really am enjoying this thing with plenty more lined up to look forward to coming months and christmas break.... happy days !! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, betty boop said:

Now some will remember my post a month and half back with some initial thoughts (franin quoted it a day or so ago
)

 

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/262506-jvc-dla-n5dla-n7dla-nx9-owners-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4390969

 

Looking back on that, I think with some 80 hours clocked up, post the frame adapt HDR update done and having viewed across a range of material from blu-ray to DVD to UHD blu-ray to streaming and FTA TV. Its worth reviewing my initial conclusions,

 

and it really is worth reviewing, as I indicated post the frame adapt HDR update particularly with UHD HDR material across streaming and via UHD blu-ray it literally feels like a whole new projector again... 

 

Firstly the frame adapt HDR update, has very much taken tone mapping to a new level. Infact I cant really believe how good it is. it really has been seamless set and forget on no matter what feed it. I am just using it on frame by frame and on auto and using the Wide colour gamut filter. Watching scenes in "for all mankind" on appleTV+ or the uhd of Casino Royale with  all the very bright sunshine shots to ones shot in darkness these are rendered quite beautifully. Same goes with material regardless of source whether it has meta data or not or whether metadata is screwy and regardless of source be it panasonic UHD player to oppo uhd to apple TV+ all just so seamless. 

 

Where my conclusions have not wavered infact only further re enforced .... are on a quite a few counts. 

 

firstly if there are any bugs or problems... am sorry but i am yet ot see this. no white stripes or green stripes or yellowing or any sort of funny business...and i have kept my eyes peeled. 

 

secondly contrast. IF there is any loss of contrast on this latest n7 vs the previous gen x7000 that I owned. am sorry but I am not missing it.

 

What I have instead been experiencing movie after movie, watching new stuff and re discovering old title after title, what I can categorically say is that what i am seeing and enjoying in them is the best I have seen to date.

 

On a hifi forum if I were to describe in hifi terms...and i will do my best to do :D

 

vs previous gen JVC if i were to describe contrast in say terms of sub bass the difference quite honestly is between a speaker that can do say down to 30hz vs one that can do down to 20hz and possibly even more subtle than that given not missing it. on other hand where the N7 is literally running well ahead on the field is in pure clarity, dynamic range (due to dynamic tone mapping), and rendering of detail and colour in the image it creates.

 

And its not just stuff thats 4k UHD and with HDR and the very best reference material that only shines. I've been enjoying movie after movie on blu-ray, streaming and even older stuff thats maybe a bit on the rougher side of things. No looking back... and goodness number of hours i have clocked up in stuff ive watched in the last month or so is unheard off for me. Really am enjoying this thing with plenty more lined up to look forward to coming months and christmas break.... happy days !! :) 

 

 

 

I have to agree AL Im impressed as well. I haven't clocked as many hours as you have but Ive watched a few films and Im enjoying it. Its great not too have to fiddle with controls when watching a movie. :)

Edited by franin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well finally got the N7 up and running, had the update already, which was pleasing, can I say WOW out of the box. Did a little playing around without my panamorph lens then with it and I think it looks better, or it could just be that I paid so much money for it and it should look better. The wife said she couldn't see any difference, but she didn't pay for it ha ha. The WOW factor of this PJ is fantastic, agree with Al, little less contrast but again its probably in my head, the shadow detail is brilliant. The detail of true 4K is worth the jump. The guy who installed it is a die hard SONY man and he was really impressed. Will be doing some tinkering this evening, can feel a sickie coming along, will need to ring myself in the morning to take a day off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, poppybob said:

Well finally got the N7 up and running, had the update already, which was pleasing, can I say WOW out of the box. Did a little playing around without my panamorph lens then with it and I think it looks better, or it could just be that I paid so much money for it and it should look better. The wife said she couldn't see any difference, but she didn't pay for it ha ha. The WOW factor of this PJ is fantastic, agree with Al, little less contrast but again its probably in my head, the shadow detail is brilliant. The detail of true 4K is worth the jump. The guy who installed it is a die hard SONY man and he was really impressed. Will be doing some tinkering this evening, can feel a sickie coming along, will need to ring myself in the morning to take a day off.

I just pulled another two sets of ugreen HDMI 15 m cables in through thr down light hole, also set up Madvr with tone mapping, it's a amazing. I ca't watch anything without Madvr HTPC now.

wx_camera_1574056628229.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fire said:

set up Madvr with tone mapping, it's a amazing. I ca't watch anything without Madvr HTPC now.

wx_camera_1574056628229.jpg

Yes madVR is a real "   Game Changer"..:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some absolutely stunning visuals guys the new lion king on uhd. Scenes like simba chasing the beetle at the start. Amazing detail and colours even on the little beetle. comes up so well on the jvc nice visual treat of a movie :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wrong there Al. Watched last night myself. Actual movie not as good as the original but a magnificent transfer. 

Just a quick question Al, is the forum having issues with the mobile app or is just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poppybob said:

Not wrong there Al. Watched last night myself. Actual movie not as good as the original but a magnificent transfer. 

Just a quick question Al, is the forum having issues with the mobile app or is just me?

we watched last night too, yes old one has its charm, also have that, this one just an amazing production. no probs here mobile wise though I dont use the app never have, just surf via safari on the phone :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...