JVC DLA-N5/DLA-N7/DLA-NX9 Owners Discussion Thread

On 16/09/2020 at 9:48 AM, betty boop said:

JVC and oztheatre or through your own dealer would be my suggestion. my spare lamp came from JVC as bonus when i got mine. you can also do the dominic chan options through avs but appears it has 25% less output. also option muriwai posted in separate thread for oem... his was x7000... the bare bulbs are same but they also sell housings and full assembly I beleive

FWIW I am going to try these guys...

Amazon AU free shipping, $122AUD Shipped. Says Original, Spec and pics are correct NSHA265JK bulbs... Looks like they come from China, but I am sure they are made there anyway. I might confirm they are actually USHIO first.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B08CZV3B2L/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2H2E7OAWC994G&psc=1

Else, you can try these guys in Europe, 115 Euro and only 6 euro shipping. Ushio brand though its the NSHA250JK. Will work out less than the US deal Dominic was doing.

https://www.beamer-parts.eu/projector-lamp/ushio/ushio-nsha250jk/

It always pissed me off that the JVC lamps and specs list 265w bulbs, and EVEN the housing states 265w bulbs, but the bulb itself in the 3 housings I have here are 250w.

There IS an Ushio 265W bulb, so I am going to do my best to actually get one of those.

Edited by Javs
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, cindernat said:

Ok thanks. I thought I saw BB say that a few months back but couldn’t recall. 

I may have to switch the iris back to Auto 2 & see how it’s faring. 

If you have the Spears and munsil disc the best way to check the iris is using the Luminance Loading under Video processing. Don't stare directly at the lens but on and angle you can actually see the Iris at work. It fully opens and fully closes. 

Edited by franin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, franin said:

If you have the Spears and munsil disc the best way to check the iris is using the Luminance Loading under Video processing. Don't stare directly at the lens but on and angle you can actually see the Iris at work. It fully opens and fully closes. 

I don't but I wouldn't mind getting it. Thanks for the tip.

I might do a recording of the sound it's making if I can re-product it too so you can all have a listen.

1 hour ago, cindernat said:

I don't but I wouldn't mind getting it. Thanks for the tip.

I might do a recording of the sound it's making if I can re-product it too so you can all have a listen.

Yeah definitely.
But if you ever get a chance to get the spears and munsil disc UHD it’s worth it for other tests  but definitely a good test for your iris. I do it every now and then to check mine.

2 hours ago, franin said:

Yeah definitely.
But if you ever get a chance to get the spears and munsil disc UHD it’s worth it for other tests  but definitely a good test for your iris. I do it every now and then to check mine.

I have used the end of movie credits to test auto-iris.   When  one or two lines of bright  white letters on a black background are displayed,  you can usually see the effect of the iris  quickly  reducing the aperture and the letters go from very bright to less so. 

4 hours ago, Javs said:

FWIW I am going to try these guys...

Amazon AU free shipping, $122AUD Shipped. Says Original, Spec and pics are correct NSHA265JK bulbs... Looks like they come from China, but I am sure they are made there anyway. I might confirm they are actually USHIO first.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B08CZV3B2L/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2H2E7OAWC994G&psc=1

Else, you can try these guys in Europe, 115 Euro and only 6 euro shipping. Ushio brand though its the NSHA250JK. Will work out less than the US deal Dominic was doing.

https://www.beamer-parts.eu/projector-lamp/ushio/ushio-nsha250jk/

It always pissed me off that the JVC lamps and specs list 265w bulbs, and EVEN the housing states 265w bulbs, but the bulb itself in the 3 housings I have here are 250w.

There IS an Ushio 265W bulb, so I am going to do my best to actually get one of those.

Very interested on how you go with the 1st option Javs.

Getting up to 3000 hours on my N5 now so better start getting something soon myself.......

1 hour ago, TP1 said:

I have used the end of movie credits to test auto-iris.   When  one or two lines of bright  white letters on a black background are displayed,  you can usually see the effect of the iris  quickly  reducing the aperture and the letters go from very bright to less so. 

If you ever get a chance TP1 have a go at the spears and munsil one. It actually shows you the iris the moving to being fully open and then fully closed. 

On 17/09/2020 at 9:32 PM, Michael391 said:

Very interested on how you go with the 1st option Javs.

Getting up to 3000 hours on my N5 now so better start getting something soon myself.......

Just curious - have you experienced any notable drop in brightness since passing 50% lamp life on the N5. 

I've heard people recommend changing the lamp around 50% lamp life.

20 hours ago, Squall88 said:

Just curious - have you experienced any notable drop in brightness since passing 50% lamp life on the N5. 

Yep I defintely had to readjust my settings even after around 1000 hours.  Not great for a $1000 bulb :(

On 20/09/2020 at 6:43 PM, Squall88 said:

To be honest it has dropped of a bit but not massively. Still pretty happy with the output. But I don’t have a light meter to check sorry

Re: Low latency mode

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has experience with low latency mode on the N series. Feels much smoother when turned on. 

However, does it cause any detriment to picture quality and resolution? 

Cheers

Sand 

Edited by Squall88

Not sure if anyone else received this email from Project Reviews:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2nd, 2020, 3pm to 6:45pm PST

3 to 3:45 pm JVC — JVC will discuss how their new Theater Optimizer feature works in conjunction with their proven Frame Adapt HDR tone mapping to further improve their already outstanding HDR picture quality.

https://www.projectorreviews.com/fallprojectionsummit/

Not sure what time that is in Australia, probably middle of the night, haha!

Ohh bugger.......my globe just went pop. Scared the jeebus out of me.

Digital cinema looks like about it at this stage.

Long wait to get the globe of amazon as Javs mentioned earlier.

FYI just over 3000 hours for the globe......luck of the draw

15 minutes ago, cindernat said:

Is this garbage:

Snlamp PK-L2618U / PK-L2618UW Replacement Projector Lamp 250W Bulb for JVC DLA-RS1000 DLA-RS2000 DLA-RS3000 Projectors https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08CZW3DQR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DqQEFb75XH46V

The seller is new and has no feedback. I wouldn't be risking a cheapy lamp damaging my projector.

54 minutes ago, Quark said:

Javelin put up a link for a recommended lamp seller - can't find it now.

Thanks, I couldn’t either. Went back as far as May. 

I actually don't think it was Javelin, searched the thread. Javs?

Edited by cindernat