JVC DLA-N5/DLA-N7/DLA-NX9 Owners Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, franin said:

Hi all

Question regarding Aperture the differences member have found with Auto 1 vs Auto 2?

as previous frank auto 1 is more aggressive than auto 2...

I run auto 2 

auto 2 is so seamless now days ... ie imperceptible to pick its operation ... you might want to check out auto 1 as well :)

as previous frank auto 1 is more aggressive than auto 2...

I run auto 2 

auto 2 is so seamless now days ... ie imperceptible to pick its operation ... you might want to check out auto 1 as well [emoji4]

Thanks Al Ive been running Auto 2 as well. Though once on that setting it ignores where you have set the Aperture in manual mode ?

Just now, franin said:

Thanks Al Ive been running Auto 2 as well. Though once on that setting it ignores where you have set the Aperture in manual mode ?

hi Frank the setting in manual sets the peak luminance ... when you engage the auto iris, it just works to that peak luminance.

for manual iris setting eg with SDR you want that set to achieve around 12-16FL or 14FL nominal. for HDR ~30FL if can manage however folk are finding especially with the new tone mapping lower like 22FL quite useable for benefit with HDR.

hi Frank the setting in manual sets the peak luminance ... when you engage the auto iris, it just works to that peak luminance.

for manual iris setting eg with SDR you want that set to achieve around 12-16FL or 14FL nominal. for HDR ~30FL if can manage however folk are finding especially with the new tone mapping lower like 22FL quite useable for benefit with HDR.

I don’t have any measuring tools at the moment Al but for instance I have HDR at Auto 2 Aperture 0. Will that be correct ?

13 minutes ago, franin said:

I don’t have any measuring tools at the moment Al but for instance I have HDR at Auto 2 Aperture 0. Will that be correct ?

give it a shot that ways frank. also see how go with the frame adapt on auto. a light meter, small cost investment in scheme of things though :) 

I have to say the DTM is good. I just demoed the Meg fantastic. With the Sony I had to adjust for every movie ( PIA ) but with the JVC its like plug and play. Still testing but impressed. Im impressed with the lens as well, the lens movement is much more smoother than the Sony. Sony was like Click Click Click

A great review showing just how good madVR is.....:)   Ekki , Anna and Florian compared MadVR , JVC,s DTM and Sony,s effort..

Alone madVR in its latest version really offers a fully automatic HDR adjustment without the necessary additional "trimming" and was therefore also the winner of the day. Any perfectionist who does not shy away from the hassle of PC installation and configuration is therefore recommended to make friends with madVR.

Use Google translate...:)

http://cine4home.de/dynamisches-hdr-bei-heimkinobeamern-ein-user-event-schafft-endlich-klarheit/

Edited by wooferocau

A great review showing just how good madVR is.....[emoji4]   Ekki , Anna and Florian compared MadVR , JVC,s DTM and Sony,s effort..

Alone madVR in its latest version really offers a fully automatic HDR adjustment without the necessary additional "trimming" and was therefore also the winner of the day. Any perfectionist who does not shy away from the hassle of PC installation and configuration is therefore recommended to make friends with madVR.

Use Google translate...[emoji4]  
http://cine4home.de/dynamisches-hdr-bei-heimkinobeamern-ein-user-event-schafft-endlich-klarheit/
Just build another computer with Gtx 1080 last night, still figuring out what to do.
Another restless night as well.
Can't settle down.

33 minutes ago, fire said:

Just build another computer with Gtx 1080 last night, still figuring out what to do.
Another restless night as well.
Can't settle down.

is there a madvr thread apart from the envy ?  maybe worth starting one :) 

• Like 1

is there a madvr thread apart from the envy ?  maybe worth starting one [emoji4] 
Google is the best answer, I have found tons of information about Madvr.
Just set up the computer, need time to figure out what to do for the best results.
  • Like 1

Watched John wick 3 yesterday on my NX7. Stunning. Had some friends over and they were impressed.

Got to watch some of the same movie on a mates brand new top of the range Samsung tv, and it was like watching a computer game - looked so fake.

• Like 5

Not bothered frank, given how good the frame by frame seems to be working [emoji4]

Regarding the Frame by Frame it’s a set and leave situation at the moment for me. I watched films that Sony struggled with and JVC played them without batting an eyelid.
Films that You could not set and leave with Sony was

Ghost in the Shell
Meg
Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom ( opening scene ).

• Like 1

Just now, franin said:

Regarding the Frame by Frame it’s a set and leave situation at the moment for me. I watched films that Sony struggled with and JVC played them without batting an eyelid.
Films that You could not set and leave with Sony was

Ghost in the Shell
Meg
Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom ( opening scene ).

Good to gear frank, like for you it’s been set abd furget for me roo across multiple source and various media disc to streamed :)

interesting perspective vs the Sony. This is a big thing for jvc. I’d suggest Sony needs to get on it !

Good to gear frank, like for you it’s been set abd furget for me roo across multiple source and various media disc to streamed [emoji4]

interesting perspective vs the Sony. This is a big thing for jvc. I’d suggest Sony needs to get on it !

They do!
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, poppybob said:

Just curious guys, does the hdr frame by frame adapt cancel out the auto tone mapping?

yep frame by frame is what you want :) just follow the video for setup as i pointed you to PB :)