JVC DLA-N5/DLA-N7/DLA-NX9 Owners Discussion Thread

My projector I was told should be arriving tomorrow. I was told I need to update it. Do I go straight to the latest update ? I don’t want to mess things up

Cheers
Just download new 3.1 to USB then plug it in and select the update it, wait for another 25 min.

Don't worry about it.

I have done mine for the first thing I have received
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, franin said:

My projector I was told should be arriving tomorrow. I was told I need to update it. Do I go straight to the latest update ? I don’t want to mess things up

Cheers

Absolute 'walk in the park" to update... :)

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/download/dla-nx9_dla-nx7_dla-nx5_dla-n7_dla-n5_dla-n11_dla-n8_dla-n6_dla-rs3000_dla-rs2000_dla-rs1000/

24 minutes ago, franin said:

Cheers

hi Frank, JVC even has a short youtube video on updating firmware and going over settings :)  

• Like 1

Well mine has finally arrived at the store. Hopefully all goes well will be picking up tomorrow. These new updates they have fixed some of the on going issues with the projectors ? 

Btw are people using scene by scene or Frame by Frame ? Which one do they find works best ?

Cheers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, betty boop said:

perhaps i'll put a wtb for an oppo  983h and see what comes up...

Had similar to the 83 Al “VRS by Anchor Bay,” “DCDi by Faroudja,” and “Mediatek System-on-Chip" . The Tosh XE1 had the sadly gone Silicon optic HQV Reon . Like Nevyn Ive got an XE1 as well as a E1 , If you hadn't repurchased titles I would sell you the XE1 in a flash :) Converted all my titles to H264 with Makemkv when people started mentioning disc rot ? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, franin said:

Well mine has finally arrived at the store. Hopefully all goes well will be picking up tomorrow. These new updates they have fixed some of the on going issues with the projectors ? 

Btw are people using scene by scene or Frame by Frame ? Which one do they find works best ?

Cheers

Congrats !!

frame by frame just the the default here Frank :) 

Thanks Al default_smile.png

btw how anal are Jvc with the specs? The reason why I ask 10 years ago I have back room with a hole professionally done which projects into my home theatre room. The only problem is the right hand side is close to the wall but the back room is quiet large with plenty of air movement. The projector room is 8m long by 2m wide. The shelf is 600mm side by 700mm depth.

Should it be okay ? Looking at specs projector is 500mm wide.

Should that be fine ? Or should I place projector ba k into room ?

The specs say projector needs 300mm space on the side to the wall.

Cheers

ad1208e13414fbaf4d1c3da5175ebc81.plist&key=6e379e674e01bcb6314b64ef991d6600f359317746090d282497dc6c37157825

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, franin said:

Thanks Al default_smile.png

btw how anal are Jvc with the specs? The reason why I ask 10 years ago I have back room with a hole professionally done which projects into my home theatre room. The only problem is the right hand side is close to the wall but the back room is quiet large with plenty of air movement. The projector room is 8m long by 2m wide. The shelf is 600mm side by 700mm depth.

Should it be okay ? Looking at specs projector is 500mm wide.

Should that be fine ? Or should I place projector ba k into room ?

The specs say projector needs 300mm space on the side to the wall.

Cheers

ad1208e13414fbaf4d1c3da5175ebc81.plist&key=6e379e674e01bcb6314b64ef991d6600f359317746090d282497dc6c37157825

with back room being quite large and with plenty of air movement it will be quite fine I reckon frank :) the fans in the unit itself move quite a bit of air so wont be too worried about it. one side effect of the larger casing on these vs previous gen i reckon in general use quite quiet as well :)

• Like 1

with back room being quite large and with plenty of air movement it will be quite fine I reckon frank [emoji4] the fans in the unit itself move quite a bit of air so wont be too worried about it. one side effect of the larger casing on these vs previous gen i reckon in general use quite quiet as well [emoji4]

Well looking at the X35 that I used to have up there plus the 5900be the only difference is 5cm in width

19 hours ago, franin said:

Cheers

Hi Franin.   Don't you have a Sony 870ES?  Which JVC did you get?  Are you replacing the Sony with it?  

Hi Franin.   Don't you have a Sony 870ES?  Which JVC did you get?  Are you replacing the Sony with it?  

Hey Spizz
Long story unfortunately had some issues with Sony. Don’t get me wrong there service was awesome and laser projector the picture it threw out was fantastic.

It’s a damn shame though.

I’m updating atm :)

Well I’ve done the update which went well. Actually after turning it back on was it meant to take a bit to power on ?

Anyway I tried a few films I’ve had issues with the Sony and JVC Frame By Frame handled them extremely well.
The main one was the opening scene of Jurassic World the fallen Kingdom ( Under water scene ) no issues at all with the JVC. This DTM is amazing and does an impressive job.
So far I’m impressed.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, poppybob said:

Hi guys,
My N7 will be arriving early next week just curious if I have pj connected to my network via Ethernet cable can I do the HDR adapt upgrade via that?
Not very good with this sort of thing.

Do yourself a favour...:)  Just download the firmware, place it on a USB stick and update the PJ........Safe , Easy....:)

25 minutes ago, poppybob said:

Hi guys,
My N7 will be arriving early next week just curious if I have pj connected to my network via Ethernet cable can I do the HDR adapt upgrade via that?
Not very good with this sort of thing.

no need for network and all that high jinx ! just follow the video I posted earlier ie pop the update onto usb stick and follow the simple process :) couldn't get any easier ... promise :)

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/262506-jvc-dla-n5dla-n7dla-nx9-owners-thread/?do=findComment&comment=4410475

• Like 2