tellmidd

FS: (Melb) Pair of Tube Mono-Blocks

I

Item: Image by Nelson Audio EL34 Power Amps (Mono blocks)
Price: $1900
Item Condition: Great working order
Reason for selling: Space constraints /Simplifying system
Payment Method: Pickup only - Cash, Paypal
Extra Info:

These mono-blocks made a substantial difference to my system in terms of texture, resolution, speed, attack and the general warmth (EL34) tubes are renowned for.

Punching well above their weight, Image by Nelson Audio are based on the Marantz 9 power amps. 75 watts output based on 4 x EL34 tubes and each unit weighs in at about 35kg each.

Since purchasing this, I have had the switches and caps replaced (new tubes throughout fitted with about 20 hours on them) The units have some very minor cosmetic blemishes as indicated in photos and functionally they work exceptionally well. A reluctant sale, there is simply not enough space in my lounge to accommodate these heavy beasts due to some new hardware taking up limited space in my rack. I'll include all the old tubes (all except one are in great condition) with the purchase.

These amps would be difficult to pack and post so I'm just open to local pick-up only.

Any questions welcome. Thanks for looking

thumbnail_image2.jpg

Amp5image1.JPG.80c566dd39a588cdba58d624dfd4bc92.JPG.154181ad71c8dfdae4f431ea8827dfde.JPG

thumbnail_image3.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image4.jpg

thumbnail_image5.jpg

How do you adjust the bias for this one?  Thanks.

Between these guys here Nick

4afe42188ce8d0b7e7fb50a51dbd0f16.jpg

I had a couple of enquiries about dimensions. So fyi all (mm) -cheers

D : 485

W: 235

H: 225 (to accommodate that monster of a transformer!)

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ryszard
      Item: Consonance Cyber 845s Mono Blocks
      Price: $2750
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Liquidating one of my systems
      Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only, Bank Funds Transfer

Extra Info:
      For sale a pair of truly remarkable Consonance Cyber 845s Mono Blocks (current flagship model).
      My passion for faithful reproduction of music spans over 35 plus years, the period over which I have owned a good number of quality ('big name') world famous audio components, including amplifiers costing considerably more than the Cybers. When few years ago I came across the Consonance brand it didn't take me long to realise it has to be one of the most 'overlooked' manufacturers of Hi-End audio. (perhaps particularly so here in Aus - seeing that their products command considerably higher prices in Europe!)
      In fact my previous amps were the Cyber 845 Mono Blocks which I have listed and sold here on SN back in November 2014. And as I stated at the time, those amps have easily 'dethroned' in my system their predecessor, Mark Levinson 331 power amp ($10K plus).
      As great as the 845 were, moving up to the 845s, which I am offering here, has delivered an even further level of refinement, one that is easily appreciable!

I am the first owner. The amps have performed flawlessly at all times and are in as new condition.
      Prefer a local pick up but would consider appropriately insured currier at buyer's expense.
      Happy to answer any relevant questions; please use PM.

Richard

Pictures:

• By Sceeta
      Item: Golden Age KT120 Mono Blocks
      Price: $3,200 the pair
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Upgrading
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Beautiful Golden Age KT120 tube mono blocks. Selling on behalf of a mate. They are approx. 14months old and he has had them for 3 months. Very little use. Approx. 65 hrs. These were Duc Minh Lai's personal mono's and are no longer be available. Here is a unique opportunity to get hold of some top notch gear at a really good price. Includes transformer for 240v supply. Please PM with any queries and I can put you in touch with the seller. He is also selling a Golden Age pre-amp which will be listed in a separate ad. Thanks for looking.

Pictures:

• By iceman
      Item: A pair of Silver Octave Audio MRE 130 mono blocks.
      The MRE 130 mono amplifiers are push-pull power amps in pentode configuration, producing approximately 140W per channel at 2% THD.
      http://www.octave.de/en/htdocs/verstaerker/mre130.php

Price: $8,500 
      Item Condition: Like new after four years of careful limited use.
      Reason for selling: Need to make space in the house. 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, PayPal, EFT.
      Extra Info: I just don’t have the space currently for this luxury and will move to use a headphone amp with my vinyl. I would prefer these to be put to good use by someone rather than sit idle in storage.

I also have the Octave HP300 MK11 pre-amp in black (http://www.octave.de/en/htdocs/verstaerker/hp300mk2.php) and a pair of WLM Diva monitors (alpi makassar) with an efficiency factor of 97 dB that could post up separately or sell as a complete lot.

Thanks you for taking the time to look.

Pictures: (to follow at the weekend)

• By countcrisp
      Item: Electrocompaniet AW 180 Monoblocks and EC 4.7 Pre
      Price: $7000 now $6500   $6000
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: Moving to all tube setup
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Moving my Electrocompaniet gear. Currently have 95 DB efficient speakers so deciding to go to an all tube setup. The mono blocks have almost unlimited power and i can't turn the volume past 3 before the walls start to shake. 

Functionally the equipment is all working as it should, bar the remote which only works when it wants to. (am including a Logitech remote which operates all the functions on the preamp).

Cosmetically the equipment would be a conservative 8 / 10.

would be willing to split AW-180's $5000 and EC 4.7 $1000

Feel free to ask questions and happy to Demo

• By Eagleeyes
      Item: Pair Musical Fidelity Supercharger 750k
      Price: $6000 for both. Very very rare x 2 awesome sounding perfect working condition.
      Stereophile Summing Up 
      Sounding significantly less lean than both the kW and the 550K, the 750K Supercharger is, without a doubt, the best-sounding amplifier I have heard from Musical Fidelity. While I still prefer the Mark Levinson No.33H for ultimate midrange sweetness, the Levinson is outclassed by the 750K in bass solidity, control, and overall dynamics. At $10,000/pair, it is undoubtedly expensive, but its immediate competition is more expensive or less powerful, or both (eg, Ayre's MX-R). Forget the Supercharger nomenclature—this is a power amplifier that can stand on its own feet.Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/musical-fidelity-750k-supercharger-monoblock-power-amplifier-page-2#i6r6GAwqwpQxVePD.99

Item Condition: Very good few surface scratches on bases etc as not  rack mounted, boxes, manuals etc 2008 matching pair and so much power to add to your tube set up or other mono block requirements.
      Reason for selling: Trying to work out system for next 10 years and 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only- Have original boxes, so heavy bu shipping possible and prety easy, solid beasts and will pack very well.
      Extra Info:
      Musical Fidelity 750K Supercharger monoblock power amplifier .
      Sidebar 1: Specifications Description: Solid-state, monoblock power amplifier with balanced and unbalanced line-level inputs and 1 pair speaker-level inputs. Maximum power output: 750W into 8 ohms (28.75dBW), 1150W into 4 ohms (24.7dBW). Maximum output voltage: 78V RMS, 20Hz–20kHz; 222V peak–peak. Maximum current: 250 amps peak–peak. Frequency response: 20Hz–30kHz, +0/–0.2dB. THD+noise: <0.01%, 20Hz–20kHz. Damping factor: 220. Input impedance: 50k ohms (line), 50 ohms (speaker). Input sensitivity for full power out into 8 ohms: 2.5V (line), 35V (speaker). Signal/noise (no reference level quoted): >120dB (line), >115dB (speaker), both figures A-weighted.
      Dimensions: 22" (560mm) H (including feet) by 8.5" (215mm) W by 8.75" (220mm) D (including terminals). Weight: 37.75 lbs (17.2kg).
      Serial Numbers Of Units Reviewed: ZZ049 & '54.
      Price: $10,000/pair. Approximate number of dealers: 70. Warranty: 5 years parts & labor.
      Manufacturer: Musical Fidelity Ltd., 24-26 Fulton Road, Wembley, Middlesex HA9 0TF, England, UK. Tel: (44) (0)181-900-2866. Fax: (44) (0)181-900-2983. Web: www.musicalfidelity.com. US distributor: KEF America, Inc., 10 Timber Lane, Marlboro, NJ 07746. Tel: (732) 683-2356. Web: www.kefamerica.com.

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/musical-fidelity-750k-supercharger-monoblock-power-amplifier-specifications#VQ5rr8YsdQZ4Cqdv.99

https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/1208mf/index.html

Pictures: