Phil sydney

SOLD: FS: MARTIN LOGAN 60XT Speakers ! FREE Postage!

Item: Martin logan 60XT speaker pair
Price: $2500 --PRICE DOWN!!FREE POSTAGE!
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Not needed
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I have a beautiful pair of gloss black Martin Logans 60XT speakers. These are the biggest and the baddest of the XT line.

Unparralled Sound signature and extremely clean sound. 

Will suit new buyer.

The folded ribbon tweeter is detailed and engaging. Bass is firm and very accurate. Mids are luscious and very soothing. By far the best speakers i have owned.

Very easy to drive with minimum power as they are quite efficient.

Magnetic steel grills make life so much easier .

overall the speakers look solid in construction.

Take ur time to read the reviews as they have all the 5 stars! 

Speakers have been sparingly used around 40 hours and they present in very good condition.

The Black piano finish is outstanding and pictures dont do any justice. Considering the RRP: $5500 i am asking a fraction of the price plus postage is FREE!!

These will be professionally packed and sent via courier. All spikes and manuals are included.

XT stands for extreme, and for good reason. Motion 60XT speakers play louder, lower, and with unflinching accuracy. Dual 8" woofers and rear-firing bass ports create astonishing deep, precise bass, while a dedicated mid woofer promotes an open, revealing and authentic midrange. Paring this powerful trio with our most accurate Folded Motion XT tweeter creates audible acoustic alchemy that delivers an engaging and encompassing experience, cutting straight to the emotion locked inside your favorite recordings.

Audiophile Dominance with Style

XT stands for extreme, and for good reason. Motion 60XT speakers play louder, lower, and with unflinching accuracy. Dual 8” woofers and rear-firing bass ports create astonishing deep, precise bass, while a dedicated mid woofer promotes an open, revealing and authentic midrange. Paring this powerful trio with our most accurate Folded Motion XT tweeter creates audible acoustic alchemy that delivers an engaging and encompassing experience, cutting straight to the emotion locked inside your favorite recordings.

A Versatile Performer

This model feature dual sets of custom 5-way binding posts for bi-wire/bi-amp capabilities and powerful rear-firing bass port. Stability is enhanced to create tighter coupling between speaker and floor with the included spikes.

Frequency Response 35–25,000 Hz ± 3 dB

Dispersion 80° x 30°

High Frequency Driver 3.2cm x 6.1cm Folded Motion XT Transducer with 11.4cm x 7cm diaphragm.

Mid Frequency Transducer 16.5cm aluminum cone with cast polymer basket. Sealed chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.

Low Frequency Transducer Two 8” (20.3cm) aluminum cone with cast aluminum basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.

Sensitivity 94 dB @ 2.83 volts/meter

Impedance 4 Ohms.

Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.

Recommended Amplifier Power 20 – 400 watts

Crossover Frequency 400 & 2,200 Hz

Cabinet Ported Components Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors.

Polypropylene film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel.

Tweeter thermal/current protection.

Inputs Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts

Weight 30 kg

Dimensions 121.8cm x 29cm x 36.6cm

For full disclosure there was a small imperfection( size of a 5 cent coin) on one of the speaker spike nut under the speaker which was repaired and it is stronger than before. There is zero visibility as its completely under the speaker base and cant be seen until u flip the speaker upside down!.This does not effect the performance watsoever.!

Apart this speakers look like and perform Brand new!!

Pictures:

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

Edited by Phil sydney

To all, for your thoughts.

These look like an exceptional buy, but I suspect they are too big for my 5x4x3mtr 100 year old, hardwood floored lounge room, driven by my Denon AVR1705 amplifier (75w/ch)???  I don't listen loud but I know big speakers like big power.  Would love your expert opinions.

Cheers

Aaron

Edited by Fubar990

These look like an exceptional buy, but I suspect they are too big for my 5x4x3mtr 100 year old, hardwood floored lounge room, driven by my Denon AVR1705 amplifier (75w/ch)???  I don't listen loud but I know big speakers like big power.  Would love your expert opinions.

Cheers

Aaron

Not too big, but a decent 2 channel amp would do them far more justice than an AVR.

A seriously good sounding speaker.

Edit: and being 94dB sensitivity (4ohm) these should be relatively easy to drive. Just need an amp with decent current.

35 minutes ago, Fubar990 said:

Cheers

Aaron

These are rated at 94 db sensitivity hence very easy to run..i ran these with a 2 channel 60 watts integrated and they were singing!

Great sounding speaker, very fast and dynamic. Like all good speakers it rewards upgrades in amplifiers but you can get great results with any half decent integrated, although for best results I would avoid AV receivers.

Also, you can buy with 100% confidence from Phil.

13 hours ago, rantan said:

Great sounding speaker, very fast and dynamic. Like all good speakers it rewards upgrades in amplifiers but you can get great results with any half decent integrated, although for best results I would avoid AV receivers.

Also, you can buy with 100% confidence from Phil.

Thanks mate👍

PRICE REDUCED TO $2500
FIRM

I'm tempted Phil but I fear they're too big for my room. Happy to be convinced otherwise