fffastfaz

SOLD: FS: PS Audio Directstream DAC

Item: PS Audio Directstream DAC without Bridge
Price:  $4750
Item Condition: As new condition - not a mark on it anywhere.
Reason for selling: I purchased this from a fellow forum member and sadly have just not used it.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info: 

As I have not used the DAC, I’ve copied the information below from the original seller who was very helpful and had an excellent understanding of the product.

A beautiful dac - especially with the last firmware update. Original owner, very well cared for unit. Comes in original double boxed packing with power cord, remote, owners manual etc.  Has only ever been used with my P10 power regenerator so power supply has been first rate and unit fully protected.

Remote has ALWAYS been inside a plastic cover.  Plastic cover on the dac has NEVER been removed so finish underneath will be mirror like. 

Couldn't be happier with it. No bridge with this one.  Bridge 3 will be released soon that will enable further sonic benefits (as well as the free firmware updates we get for these dacs :) so it will be the perfect dac/preamp/streamer all in one!  and one that remains future proof for a long time to come.

Happy to freight interstate at buyers expense.

Disclaimer: when I unpacked the DAC I did take the remote out of the packaging (since placed it back) and peeled back ever so slightly on one corner of the plastic protective cover on the top of the DAC. 

Pictures:

332191F1-0DFE-4915-88EB-100239BB8E3F.jpeg

7522FABC-10F9-4C30-8AA6-C362FB25C52E.jpeg

94585EE6-2793-46AE-9A08-2CFAC6A9146D.jpeg

68739697-42DB-4787-AB66-E1E2DC035D96.jpeg

66F5D559-145A-41E3-BF2F-8531B7924720.jpeg

7A38266F-7F53-4BFC-A013-733E4489DD98.jpeg

013FC3FD-BEFC-45D0-B876-FCC16CE01718.jpeg

E953C483-D066-4A51-86E5-D8BA5B0D2843.jpeg

Just to confirm, this doesn't have a network bridge. Is this correct.?

I think you jest ?

2 hours ago, Raffinator said:

Yes, that is correct. I was going to use NUC to USB direct. I understand the Bridge 3 is out soon with Octave

1 hour ago, A J said:

I think you jest ?

Nope, serious question. But in my defence I was looking at little tiny pictures on my phone when I asked. Big screen - yep kinda obvious...

I have been told by the boss at Magenta audio that the bridge 3, although spoken about by Paul at PS audio, will not be released for years if at all.
The Bridge 2 sounds fine and is better than using a nuk
Please DYOR.
GLWTS

6 hours ago, paulrp said:

I have been told by the boss at Magenta audio that the bridge 3, although spoken about by Paul at PS audio, will not be released for years if at all.
The Bridge 2 sounds fine and is better than using a nuk
Please DYOR.
GLWTS

Seems odd? There is an expansive topic on the PS Audio forum about the development of Octave and its specific use with the Bridge 3. Perhaps there has been a very recent change in direction of which I would not be privy too. I hope you'll see that I am certainly not trying to mislead anyone, I'm just referring to the information in the public domain.

Seems odd? There is an expansive topic on the PS Audio forum about the development of Octave and its specific use with the Bridge 3. Perhaps there has been a very recent change in direction of which I would not be privy too. I hope you'll see that I am certainly not trying to mislead anyone, I'm just referring to the information in the public domain.
Hi Fffastfaz,
Sorry, I didn't think that at all.
It can be so hard trying to extract information out of forums.
I rang Magenta just to make sure of my facts and spoke to Tim at Magenta again, they are the Australian importers for PS Audio and confirmed that Yes, PS Audio have put the Bridge 3 on hold because they have managed to get a full MQA unpack via Tidal and updates into the bridge 2.
They are focusing on other music player projects.
The PS Audio make awesome Dacs and who ever buys this Directstream is going to love it.
GLWTS

19 minutes ago, paulrp said:

Hi Fffastfaz,
Sorry, I didn't think that at all.
It can be so hard trying to extract information out of forums.
I rang Magenta just to make sure of my facts and spoke to Tim at Magenta again, they are the Australian importers for PS Audio and confirmed that Yes, PS Audio have put the Bridge 3 on hold because they have managed to get a full MQA unpack via Tidal and updates into the bridge 2.
They are focusing on other music player projects.
The PS Audio make awesome Dacs and who ever buys this Directstream is going to love it.
GLWTS

Thanks for the clarification Paulrp. This is really good to know. I'm certain this will be most pleasing to those that have the Bridge 2.