The Bluesman

The Australian Blues Music Thread

Hi all, I think and know we have some great talent and musicians in this country, some of the best that can hold their own up on the world stage and some we as Australians should be proud of past and present, I'd like to start a thread that will highlight and showcase some of these bands, sometimes underground or don't seem to get the recondition they deserve or never exposed to the general public

Me I've seen so many good Blues bands over the years in small venues, I know many of you have as well so please expose them

I'll kick this thread of with one of my favourite local Blues Bands, The Foreday Riders featuring a local Blues legend, Dutch Tilders who has sadly passed on but will never be forgotten, 

Yes indeed, I've been a fan of Dutch Tilders for decades have a couple of Direct to Disc albums and CDs of his one with Kevin Borich. Never got to see him live unfortunately. First time to  Byron was the late Eighties, been about six times since, a bit too mainstream for me nowadays, think I saw the Foreday Riders there. Last year went to Forth Valley Blues in Tassie, great event. This year were off to Mitchell Creek, our third visit in a row this has become my favourite event of the year no cops, byo and camp at the site a good trifecta!

11 minutes ago, Bugs said:

Yes indeed, I've been a fan of Dutch Tilders for decades have a couple of Direct to Disc albums and CDs of his one with Kevin Borich. Never got to see him live unfortunately. First time to  Byron was the late Eighties, been about six times since, a bit too mainstream for me nowadays, think I saw the Foreday Riders there. Last year went to Forth Valley Blues in Tassie, great event. This year were off to Mitchell Creek, our third visit in a row this has become my favourite event of the year no cops, byo and camp at the site a good trifecta!

Mate I have those 2  Dutch Tilders LP's and they just sound good and just as they have been recorded, Byron Bay Blues Fest Kicked off 1990 and I was at the first, the Paladins kicked butt and Dutch Tilders was there 

Right, looks like I was wrong with the year, I also saw Karma County  there the first year we went  they were on a small stage,  bought there CD. Little Charlie and the Nightcats were the standout band for me. Belongal Fields was the venue

Edited by Bugs

So being from the West....here is Dave Hole..hope you enjoy.

Great thread.....:thumb:

A couple of other great shows I've seen at Byron and other festivals include Johnny Green's Blues cowboys, Hip Shooters [ok NZ] Chain, still going strong last year, Mo Jo Webb and The Hoochers who played at a birthday party at my house at Nimbin a few years ago

13 hours ago, Mendes said:

So being from the West....here is Dave Hole..hope you enjoy.

Great thread.....:thumb:

Yes I love Dave Hole, seen him on numerous occasions and all great gigs, love his unique style of Slide Guitar, one gig was The Byron Bay Blues Fest 1992 at the old Piggery, Dave put on a great show, the Mal Eastick band also played, Dave Hole liked Mal's Drummer "Rudy Miranda" who is a great drummer so Dave Hole poached him, here he is playing Byron Bay 1992 and was a pleasure to be in the audience 

< For over three decades guitarist Dave Brewer has been the backbone for many of Australia’s most seminal acts (including The Elks, The Dynamic Hepnotics, The Mighty Reapers and the catholics) and has played with some of the most respected musicians on the planet. >

some more Dave Brewer, tasty guitar licks!