Miguel

FS: Pioneer SM-Q 300 Vintage Valve Receiver

Item: Pioneer SM-Q 300 Valve FM, AM, SW Receiver
Price: $600
Item Condition: Good, considering age
Reason for selling: Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash - or Pack n Send or similar organised by you, but it weighs 12kg
Extra Info: This is a circa 1962 receiver. Quite rare - you seldom see them on ebay or similar. A curiosity with this model is that it has two separate MW receivers which you can run on separate stations - evidently this was to future proof in case stereo AM broadcasts started, using two separate frequencies for left and right. Also has SW.

This one was completely serviced by Resurrection Radio back in 1998 (see pic of reciept),  and more recently given a thorough going over by Dallas Clarke about 8 years ago after a capacitor decided to moonlight as a smoke grenade, although his receipt is less enlightening as to the work done. A house move resulted in it living in a pillow case on a shelf for the last 7 years, so its really time to let it go. I've had it since around 1994.

The only issue I'm aware of is that Dallas Clarke said the push button power switch isn't original and isn't rated at switching lots of amps at 240v, so he bypassed it. Hence it has to be turned on and off at the wall / power board. All lights work, and the tuning valve works too.

Link to list of valves used, and schematic, for those interested in such details: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/sm-q300.shtml
Pictures:

IMG_3919.JPG

IMG_3920.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3925.jpg

Edited by Miguel
found the receipts for work done

I have a similar one and it sounds lovely.  They are a work of art!

Get in there vintage lovers

2AA60E52-8B2C-4884-827C-180D0B0CC5FE.jpeg

Wow wonderful bit of gear, I was born 1962 and if I was in Melbourne would consider this as I love Vintage gear 

The whistle filter is a great idea, especially for country music stations! I have always hankered for its big brother, the yodel filter.

Good luck with the sale. As the fortunate owner of a Sansui equivalent, I can attest to the excellent sound of high-end components of this type.

2 hours ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

I have a similar one and it sounds lovely.  They are a work of art!

Get in there vintage lovers

2AA60E52-8B2C-4884-827C-180D0B0CC5FE.jpeg

How cool is that?! In a bespoke case! And two MW receivers too.

1 hour ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

The whistle filter is a great idea, especially for country music stations! I have always hankered for its big brother, the yodel filter.

Yep - you just can't have a vintage amp without a yodel filter. Just what you need to filter out those pesky little yodels. Little buggers get in everywhere over time.

Pretty sure my vintage Accuphase hasn't got one of them - better check the upgrade options.

Hope you sell this classic without further ado. 

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Soul Superfly
      Item: World Audio Design KLPP1 TUBE/VALVE PHONO PRE AMPLIFIER
      Price: 250
      Item Condition: Excellent fully working 
      Reason for selling: Too many pre amps.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, bank transfer
      Extra Info: An extremely well built valve powered pre amp costing around £700 when new with the ability to roll the two valves. Warm rich open valve sound making vinyl come to life.
      Five line inputs and tape monitor These are rare in good working order. Happy To Post at Buyers Expense Note: Totally unmodified in any way and working to original spec. Actual Photos Below.

Pictures:

• By VeritasGeorge
      Item: Melody Valve Pre Amp P1688 & 2 x Melody Valve Power Amps PM845 USED PERFECT CONDITION 9.5/10
      Price: $7500
      Dimensions Preamp: 44 x 35 x 22 25kg 
      Dimensions Power Amp: 30 x 65 x 26 55kg 
      Item Condition: AS PER DESCRIPTION ABOVE 
      Reason for selling: UPGRADE 
      Payment Method: PICKUP - CASH, PAYPAL, BANK TRANSFER, COD 
      Shipping: AVAILABLE AT BUYERS EXPENSE 
      Extra Info: ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK 
      Pictures: AS ATTACHED 

• By JayJay1974
      Items:

A3 Dual Mono Integrated Amplifier
      A3.2 Upsampling 24bit CD Player
      X-PSU (with 3 x power cables)
      X10-D Tube Buffer
      X-24K DAC
      X-CAN v2 Tube Headphone Amplifier
      X-PRE Pre-Amplifier
      X-LPS Phono Pre Amplifier

Price:
      $6000
      Item Condition:
      Used / excellent visually and all components working perfectly (except amp remote volume control)
      Reason for selling:
      Downsizing to a streaming set-up
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Sadly, it’s time to let go of my much-beloved Musical Fidelity system. It’s time to down-size to a streaming system (Kef LS50W)
      Comes with remotes and some cables  (the amp remote’s volume buttons don’t work; it seems to be a common issue with this model remote)
      All components are in excellent condition and are in perfect working order. 
      I’m hoping to find a good home for the complete system as shown.
      Actually, the main reason to sell is despite her liking the awesome sound, my wife hates the look of it all.
      Will post/courier at buyer’s expense.

Pictures:

• By oztayls
      Item: ERA 6066 Vintage 1970s suspended turntable
      Price: $1060
      Item Condition: Immaculate, new, unused
      Reason for selling: Looking to swap for Yamaha CA-2010 in excellent condition
      Extra Info: 240V, fully serviced, comes in original box with French manual and accessories. Similar to Thorens

Pictures:

• By brenwa76
      Item: SONY CDP-101
      Price: $150
      Item Condition: See description
      Reason for selling: Unfinished project
      Extra Info:
      Having a bit of a vintage audio clear out and this has been sitting around for several years and was sold but returned recently. For full transparency purposes both channels were working when it left my hands, the purchaser discovered one channel stopped working when he connected it up at home - so it was returned. I had resoldered the terminal connection in case it was that - but sadly it didn't fix the issue - but I'm no skilled technician either.
      The tray is slow, but it does play red book discs usually without any issue. It's in good physical condition but will need some TLC to get it 100% again.

Included are: the original RM-101 remote control (works), user manual and workshop service manuals which I beleive are worth the asking price alone.

Pictures: