shogo33

Online purchase via Klapp Audio

5 hours ago, Demondes said:

I don’t think there is anything sinister in this, traditionally for smaller stores the cost of the online shopping tool linked to real time inventory and POS system hasn’t been achievable at lost cost, unless...

I think it’s now practical and cheap to do assuming you start from scratch linking POS, inventory and online store into one.

But most shops probably bought software a few years back and are locked into an $$$ for features software cycle

secondly I think you can mostly assume expensive items are not in stock unless they are clearing items that are stated demo

Oh and finally I have always had friendly service from Klapp, but it’s usually walk-in.

For me, it all depends on whether they expect you to pay upfront for an item they don't have in stock.  Many stores do, and that is poor practice, as the customer is simply funding costs that are already part of the profit margin.  Paying a deposit is OK with me.

Any store that operates online in 2019 should have a website that reflects current stock position.

For all those crying poor practice pick up the phone and ring the store before ordering online, the cost of doing business these days is high so if you want all the bells and whistles with your services don’t be surprised that you the consumer will bear the costs.

Neo

Edited by Neo

18 minutes ago, Neo said:

For all those crying poor practice pick up the phone and ring the store before ordering online, the cost of doing business these days is high so if you want all the bells and whistles with your services don’t be surprised that you the consumer will bear the costs.

Neo

Not all of us live in your timezone.

Yet still I am about to got o work now. :(

As I just looked there website is offline.

I don't think I've seen it online ever in any visit to the site.

Having an online store linked to your inventory to show current stock is not "bells and whistles"

This is 2019

10 hours ago, ols45 said:

I didn't like the fact that they do not show what is in stock and what isn't.

That is poor practice.

I don't pay full deposit for something I can't have sent straight away.

They do not send you an email to say that the product is not in stock and when it will be in stock.

Another poor practice.

I only found out my product was not in stock until I rang several days later.

Time differences for me meant I had not seen the website in anything but offline mode

Which mirror's my concern.  I'm happy to be told upfront that if it has to be ordered in and for me to pay a deposit and the balance to be paid upon delivery/collection.  Whats shifty is that there is no indication that it was in stock online (not hard to do) and if not, ETA for an order to be made.

4 hours ago, Bronal said:

For me, it all depends on whether they expect you to pay upfront for an item they don't have in stock.  Many stores do, and that is poor practice, as the customer is simply funding costs that are already part of the profit margin.  Paying a deposit is OK with me.

Any store that operates online in 2019 should have a website that reflects current stock position.

The problem is many stores are not financially viable, especially independents.

They don't have a head office with seemingly unlimited funds for purchasing like big chains, but if they list that an item is out of stock on their site, that virtually eliminates that potential sale as many punters will just move along to another site that displays "In Stock".

Are they expected to carry every item in stock on the chance that eventually someone will happen along and buy it?

I would be surprised if any independents actually carried all the items they claim to have in stock on their website.

34 minutes ago, Neo said:

Neo

And still does not guarantee that they have the item in stock.. happened to me before, ordered off the phone, gave CC details, was told that it was put aside for me for 24 hours to pick up, and turned up 4 hours later, it was 'accidentally' sold to another customer, and that it had to be ordered in - which took 10 weeks to get in.  So, i'd rather be honestly told upfront, if no stock, i can talk to another retailer that carries the same stock.

24 minutes ago, ols45 said:

Not all of us live in your timezone.

Yet still I am about to got o work now. :(

As I just looked there website is offline.

I don't think I've seen it online ever in any visit to the site.

Having an online store linked to your inventory to show current stock is not "bells and whistles"

This is 2019

Why not discuss this with that particular retailer and offer your 2019 suggestions to improve your personal experience 

Neo

I think it’s unfair to name the business to some degree based on the fact that any retail purchase these days be it online or face to face has the potential for failure. 

As suggested offer them your feedback. 

Neither do they have the rite of reply here nor do we have a balanced opinion possibly based on the hundreds of transactions they do without complaints. 

29 minutes ago, shogo33 said:

Which mirror's my concern.  I'm happy to be told upfront that if it has to be ordered in and for me to pay a deposit and the balance to be paid upon delivery/collection.  Whats shifty is that there is no indication that it was in stock online (not hard to do) and if not, ETA for an order to be made.

I don’t really understand the problem. 

If I’m buying online why would I care whether the shop has the stock? As long as I get my item in a timely manner what difference does it make to me if they have the item or not. 

Also, if I buy online then I’m committing to buy the item. Why should I pay a deposit rather than the full amount? 

1 hour ago, jakeyb77 said:

As suggested offer them your feedback. 

Neither do they have the rite of reply here nor do we have a balanced opinion possibly based on the hundreds of transactions they do without complaints. 

This.

Enough now.

Closed.