shogo33

Online purchase via Klapp Audio

Can anyone comment their experience purchasing online from Klapp?  A workmate purchased some gear a while back in-store and the overall experience was quite average.  Looking online to see that it is hit/miss as well.  I just dont want to get caught out with an online purchase advertised in stock only to follow up and be told that they actually dont and will have to wait for a while for it to be delivered.

I ordered a phono preamp from them on the 26th Dec. The item was sent via Auspost with tracking on the 7th Jan and I received it a couple of days later. Not too bad considering it was just after Xmas and in the middle of their sale. I did phone them a couple of days after I made the order and the chap told they were still clearing the backlog. No complaints from me.

Not online, but ive had good times when browsing at that store.

Bought a soundbar off them two years ago, had great service.

Years a go when Bluesound had gen1 nodes one of the sales person spent time with me showing it off just cause i was curious. So i like them.

I purchased a Marantz AV7704 but used their online chat function to check they had stock and make the purchase. All went smoothly for me.

PIcked up a CXN V2 in store and no complaints.

Edit: I actually called before I went and they put aside one for me because there were only 2/3 left. So definitely can't complain with the service.

Edited by Cardiiiii

Just ring them and ask if they have what you want and you’ll be fine. 

Edited by jakeyb77

6 hours ago, shogo33 said:

Can anyone comment their experience purchasing online from Klapp?  A workmate purchased some gear a while back in-store and the overall experience was quite average.  Looking online to see that it is hit/miss as well.  I just dont want to get caught out with an online purchase advertised in stock only to follow up and be told that they actually dont and will have to wait for a while for it to be delivered.

I didn't like the fact that they do not show what is in stock and what isn't.

That is poor practice.

I don't pay full deposit for something I can't have sent straight away.

They do not send you an email to say that the product is not in stock and when it will be in stock.

Another poor practice.

I only found out my product was not in stock until I rang several days later.

Time differences for me meant I had not seen the website in anything but offline mode.

Before you cry "whinger" I have managed a very high profile chain of stores across multiple states and in my opinion I would not tolerate these practices in my store.

Apart from those gripes I found them good to deal with.

I bought Oppo UDP 205 from KlappAv website on the day Oppo announced they stop production of the player. The website had a sale price which was 1800 AUD and cheapest I could find in Australia. 

They still accept the order and within a week, I picked up the BNIB stock from the shop. I did not have any problem at all. 

If I knew the price is like now, I could have bought 2 or 3.

17 minutes ago, ols45 said:

I didn't like the fact that they do not show what is in stock and what isn't.

That is poor practice.

I don't pay full deposit for something I can't have sent straight away.

They do not send you an email to say that the product is not in stock and when it will be in stock.

Another poor practice.

I only found out my product was not in stock until I rang several days later.

Time differences for me meant I had not seen the website in anything but offline mode.

Before you cry "whinger" I have managed a very high profile chain of stores across multiple states and in my opinion I would not tolerate these practices in my store.

Apart from those gripes I found them good to deal with.

Totally agree, and it's not just with Klapp. It's not uncommon to purchase and pay for an item online from an Australian brick and mortar store only to realise later that they don't actually have inventory of the item (isn't that called drop shipping!)

52 minutes ago, Hifigeek said:

Totally agree, and it's not just with Klapp. It's not uncommon to purchase and pay for an item online from an Australian brick and mortar store only to realise later that they don't actually have inventory of the item (isn't that called drop shipping!)

I don’t think there is anything sinister in this, traditionally for smaller stores the cost of the online shopping tool linked to real time inventory and POS system hasn’t been achievable at lost cost, unless...

I think it’s now practical and cheap to do assuming you start from scratch linking POS, inventory and online store into one.

But most shops probably bought software a few years back and are locked into an $$$ for features software cycle

secondly I think you can mostly assume expensive items are not in stock unless they are clearing items that are stated demo

Oh and finally I have always had friendly service from Klapp, but it’s usually walk-in.

Edited by Demondes