Sign in to follow this  
cultfilman

Classic Aussie Cinema

I'd have to think too hard to order these:

1.   Picnic at Hanging Rock

2.   The Man from Snowy River (if only for the sound track)

3.   Wolf Creek

4.   Shine

5.   The Dish

6.   Crocodile Dundee

7.   Chopper

8.   Lantana

9.   Kenny

10. Priscilla

11. Gallipoli

12. The Castle

13. Babe

14. Romeo & Juliet

What about some classic Chips Rafferty,

1. Mutiny On the Bounty
  2. Bush Christmas
  3. The Overlanders
  4. The Sundowners
  5. Smiley
  6. Wake In Fright

to name a few off the top of my head.

42 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

Oh yes  queen Bette. What a cult classic Baby Jane is . Have you seen the Yank mini series FEUD JJ. Ok if i call you that?  

Hi @cultfilman

Watched it over late last year, they really loved playing together in the same movie :thumb:

JJ

One I used to watch a lot before the vcr stopped working was Where The Green Ants Dream. I should look for it on dvd.

4 hours ago, Love_music said:

What about some classic Chips Rafferty,

1. Mutiny On the Bounty
  2. Bush Christmas
  3. The Overlanders
  4. The Sundowners
  5. Smiley
  6. Wake In Fright

to name a few off the top of my head.

Mutiny On the Bounty was Errol Flynn's debut film. Was before its time imho. I was a huge Smiley fan. Saw most of the series  at boarding school. Not sure we can lay claim to Smiley..  likely UK  produced. Same as several of the above.

Edited by cultfilman

5 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @cultfilman

Watched it over late last year, they really loved playing together in the same movie :thumb:

JJ

Best of pals. The decades long feud was over a man too.

Edited by cultfilman

What about,

The odd angry shot

Dirty Deeds

Two Hands

What, no Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert????

edit

Edited by cultfilman
delete

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Angelomatthews
      Item: 4x Laserdiscs. Pick up Sydney 
      Price: $50
      Item Condition: Sydney 
      Reason for selling: Duplicates 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Sudden Death - NTSC
      Total Recall - PAL
      Street Fighter - Japan Version NTSC. English with Japanese subtitles 
      Timecop - NTSC 

Pictures:

• By Hydrology
      Item: Movie and TV Soundtrack CD Collection
      Price: $5 each (minimum 5-buy) @ $1 per disc for postage
      Item Condition: Very good to excellent
      Reason for selling: Moving home soon - need to declutter
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (buyer pays fees), Bank Deposit
      Extra Info: FOR BUYERS LOOKING FOR THE ODD DISC or TWO, THERE IS A MINIMUM 5 Disc purchase otherwise postage charges make this not worth the while. Add $1.00 per disc for postage.

Pictures: 

Bernard Herrmann Film Scores $5.00       Burkhard Dallwitz & Various Artists The Truman Show - Music From the Motion Picture $5.00 Carmine Coppola & Nino Rota The Godfather, Part III - Music From the Original Picture Soundtrack $5.00       Danny Elfman Sleepy Hollow - Music From the Motion Picture $5.00       David Holmes / Various Artists Out of Sight - Music From the Motion Picture $5.00 Elliot Goldenthal Michael Collins - Music From the Motion PIcture $5.00 Elliot Goldenthal Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00 Elliot Goldenthal Titus - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00       Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard Gladiator - More Music From the Motion Picture $5.00 Harry Gregson-Williams Spy Game - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00       James Newton Howard Snow Falling on Ceders - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00 J     John Powell Endurance - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00       John Williams Angela's Ashes - Music From the Motion Picture $5.00       Mark Snow The X Files - Fight the Future - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00       Michael Nyman The End of the Affair - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00       Patrick Doyle Carlito's Way - Original Soundtrack to the Motion Picture $5.00       Stephen Warbeck Captain Corelli's Mandolin - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00       Thomas Newman The Shawshank Redemption - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00       Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross The Social Network $5.00       Various Artists William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet - Vol.1 (Baz Luhrmann) $5.00 Various Artists Dead Man Walking - Music From and Inspired by the Motion Picture $5.00             Various Artists The Rules of Attraction - Music From the Motion Picture $5.00       Various Artists Stir of Echoes - Music From the Motion Picture $5.00 Various Artists A Life Less Ordinary - Music From the Motion Picture $5.00       Various Artists Until The End of the World - Music From the Motion Picture $5.00       Various Artists Kill Bill Vol.1 - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $5.00 Various Artists William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet - Vol.2 $5.00       Various Artists Carlito's Way - Music From the Motion Picture $5.00 Various Artists The Princess and the Warrior - Original Soundtrack $5.00 Various Artists Moulin Rouge - Music From Baz Luhrmann's Film $5.00 Various Artists Moulin Rouge - Music From Baz Luhrmann's Film - Part 2 $5.00        

• By rusty48
      Found this yesterday amongst SBS On Demand's movies. Set in 1941 during the siege of, another true (?) story about amazing people with huge hearts doing things we would find totally inconcevable. Loved it, highly recommended. 
      ps If I've placed this wrongly moderators, please amend. 

• By pol1on1
      Hi All

I'll introduce myself hear first post.
      I'm Mark and from Perth Western Australia
      I do like watching movies and youtube music videos.
      I am building a house and its at roof cover stage and I'm kicking myself hard because if i'd discovered this forum or the shop that sells the equipment I would of made the home theater bigger; enough for 2rows etc.... now I am dreaming.
      Anyway I have been reading this forum, visiting shops and reading product reviews. I'm lost and confused... .......but I've not given up I still want a kick-ass ground shaking theater room
      but I'm a n00b so I turn to you guys as you seem very enthusiastic, with heaps of experience and wise knowledge, which I would love to copy and paste from your brain to mine by a USB
      I have uploaded and image of my small room that's going to be my theater and the 2 quotes.
      Yes i know double doorssssss. at least I put 2 conduits in and extra power at the back but my wife wants to cover the hole room with curtains yes 360 degrees and I got thick carpets too.
      so I am young and don't own any furniture nor equipment so I went to west coast HIFI and got 2 quotes from them and I get the feeling of disappointment.

Today I've taken a day off work to go window shopping, there isn't many places in Perth that do Home Theater, theirs only west coast HIFI, surround sounds and Douglas hifi, oh and Frank Prowse HiFI.
      I have not looked into online or international first I need to know what I need.

My room is 4430 wide so nice 4 seat leather couch will go in.
      but 3890 long bit close to screen
      Bulkhead (wall to 700in all way round) 28c or 2400 high
      center of ceiling is 31c or 2700 high
      Bow i did use this website with the 2 different high i cant work out if i got a good room.
      Screen size I will be sitting about 3500 away I am counting about 400mm for the recliners space.
      Some say I could get away with 4K Hisense 75" UHD LED LCD 100Hz 3D Smart TV for $4500
      others recommend a projector and 100'' size max

Now i love B&W speakers especially the cm10 s2 one shop today said that's over kill
      I love bass,. in my car i have a nice 10'' that made me sick at the start now I feel its losing power or I'm getting deaf.
      In my opinion the two quote I got are; over my budget, I wonder if I could save somewhere on parts, and I did not like the Yamaha speaker did not cut it for me.
      The sales man has also added in the quote krix subwoofer because the psb subwoofer was not loud enough for me the krix did make the room shake i think the panasonic DMR-BWT945GL would be great if i went for projector that unit would be my smart hub.
      Therefore my question is, what would recommend for me.
      5.1 or 5.2 ?
      TV or Projector ?
      speaker recommendation
      ( floor or bookshelf on stands ?)
      (subs I do like if I feel the sound or vibration or neighbors complaining ) ?
      ( rear in ceiling or ? )
      Yamaha power and pre or normal av receiver ?
      bluray player do i need to be worried about them
      did i miss any questions ?

feel free to add model numbers if you recommending

I will appreciate everything I am give, as now I'm in a dilemma.

• By rdelaney17
      Netflix just landed in Australia! Has anyone signed up yet?? Anything good on there?