Classic Aussie Cinema

Hi @cultfilman ,

Haven't seen Fever, but have seen the other two, used to be staple viewing at the drive in on a Friday and / or Saturday night in my late teens early 20s.

I left off many of the more commercial releases like Muriel's Wedding, Crocodile Dundee etc.

JJ

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @cultfilman ,

Haven't seen Fever, but have seen the other two, used to be staple viewing at the drive in on a Friday and / or Saturday night in my late teens early 20s.

I left off many of the more commercial releases like Muriel's Wedding, Crocodile Dundee etc.

JJ

Me too these were good films.. but not especially my type. Sorry to say Paul Hogan's wooden acting turned me off CD. I can drop you a link of Fever if you want. I have not seen it before this week as frankly I got tired of Bill Hunter.. was in everything but a bath back in the 80s/90s. Has as many twists as an Agatha Christie mystery. Another beaut little mystery is End Play.. seen that? I can get a link of that too.

Edited by cultfilman

1 minute ago, cultfilman said:

Me too these were good films.. but not especially my type. Sorry to say Paul Hogan's wooden acting turned me off CD. I can drop you a link of Fever if you want. I have not seen it before this week as frankly I got tired of Bill Hunter.. was in everything but a bath back in the 80s/90s. Has as many twists as an Agatha Christie mystery. Another beaut little mystery is End Play.. see that. I can get a link of that too.

Hi @cultfilman

Like your 'Baby Jane' avatar, if you leave the link in a post will be OK.

JJ

• Like 1

Guest Peter the Greek

I'd have to think too hard to order these:

1.   Picnic at Hanging Rock

2.   The Man from Snowy River (if only for the sound track)

3.   Wolf Creek

4.   Shine

5.   The Dish

6.   Crocodile Dundee

7.   Chopper

8.   Lantana

9.   Kenny

10. Priscilla

11. Gallipoli

12. The Castle

13. Babe

14. Romeo & Juliet

4 hours ago, Love_music said:

What about some classic Chips Rafferty,

1. Mutiny On the Bounty
  2. Bush Christmas
  3. The Overlanders
  4. The Sundowners
  5. Smiley
  6. Wake In Fright

to name a few off the top of my head.

Mutiny On the Bounty was Errol Flynn's debut film. Was before its time imho. I was a huge Smiley fan. Saw most of the series  at boarding school. Not sure we can lay claim to Smiley..  likely UK  produced. Same as several of the above.

Edited by cultfilman

Wake in Fright (1971) all the waaaay

I'd like to think what's depicted is Aus of the past, but it's only superficially true. So viscerally portrayed - the topography of Australian subconscious mind. Myself included.

• Like 1
  • Love 1