wolster

W League

Don't normally watch this but the semi-final between Perth Glory and Melbourne City this arvo was a cracker.

Perth won 4-2 in extra time with Sam Kerr scoring a hat trick. The fitness of these girls over 130 minutes of football was impressive, as were the skills. The Sam Kerr back-flip topped it off 👍

All this focus on the amateur AFLW competition, the W League has been doing it for years. It was Glory v Victory BTW

I find the W league far better soccer than the A league. It tends to be faster, more fluid and higher scoring than the A league. To me the women seem fitter than their male counterparts, the game maintains a higher pace for the full 90 minuets, the men’s game often slows down as time passes. 

Do do yourself a favour and get down and watch a game, a great afternoon/ evening out. Soccer is growing incredibly quickly in Australia and our girls are a world force. Local women’s soccer is a great sport for young girls to older women and while watching my wife play I have seen how it empowers women of all ages and cultures. 

Final today between Sydney FC and Perth Glory at 4.30pm EST.

Should be a cracker.

Go Perth!