anewmission

Atmos processor with decent analog section?

Getting out of my domain, I believe gold ones. 
Yeh i just did some research, silver is a better conductor but gold takes alot longer to corrode. I guess for a really high quality cable it would be insulated silver wire with gold played silver connectors. Or copper wire for the positive wire and silver for the negative. Quite interesting. Recording studios use hundreds of metres of crappy cables and all of us audiophiles spend a tonne on expensive cables to listen to the music that was recorded with crappy instrument cables. I once met a guy who had recorded some of the biggest artist in the world and he told me that they would use power extension cables as speaker cables and just cut off the ground wire.

https://factorysound.com/t/categories/leads-and-adaptors/mic-signal?&order=desc&sort=price&per_page=48

or

For interconnects you could speak to [mention=147118]Bill125812[/mention] .
Wow so microphone xlr's really are the same as hifi xlr's? I have a small project recording studio. I have tonnes of them

1 hour ago, anewmission said:
7 hours ago, joz said:

https://factorysound.com/t/categories/leads-and-adaptors/mic-signal?&order=desc&sort=price&per_page=48

or

For interconnects you could speak to [mention=147118]Bill125812[/mention] .

Read more  

Wow so microphone xlr's really are the same as hifi xlr's? I have a small project recording studio. I have tonnes of them

They just don’t use the term HiFi and cost much less.

But there are different cables and connectors that may make a difference or not in your situation.

They just don’t use the term HiFi and cost much less.
But there are different cables and connectors that may make a difference or not in your situation.

Yeh i always thought instrument cables must be really decent as they are unplugged and plugged in so much, stepped on and twisted into bundles. I have some fender guitar leads that have a lifetime warranty. I use them from my adc/dac into powered monitors.
I saw some $10k genelec monitors that have won a whole bunch of awards. They use ethernet cables.

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, anewmission said:

I think i am going to go with a emotiva dsp atmos pre, into a stereo pre and then use 4-5 power amps for the speakers. I have the power amps in a big rackmount unit so that will be completely out of the way, and i will have the pre amps within remote control reach.

Just a heads up @anewmission ; the only Emo atmos pre pro atm is the RMC1 and its not available in Oz yet . It needs a few good firmware updates 1st in any case . The XMC1 is still waiting for its atmos board and its replacement wont be around for a good while :winky: 

If you have a lot of emi/rf noise around your runs from fridge compressors;  air con etc   a proper balanced xlr run will stop most  hum and noise with its common mode noise rejection . Plenty of posts like this one  https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2183681-marantz-8802a-vs-7702-mk2-3.html#post43075322  

Just a heads up [mention=261711]anewmission[/mention] ; the only Emo atmos pre pro atm is the RMC1 and its not available in Oz yet . It needs a few good firmware updates 1st in any case . The XMC1 is still waiting for its atmos board and its replacement wont be around for a good while :winky: 
If you have a lot of emi/rf noise around your runs from fridge compressors;  air con etc   a proper balanced xlr run will stop most  hum and noise with its common mode noise rejection . Plenty of posts like this one  https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2183681-marantz-8802a-vs-7702-mk2-3.html#post43075322  
I use an art 4x4 power conditioner. Actually 2 of them. Will that help or will i actually need different cables?

12 minutes ago, anewmission said:

I use an art 4x4 power conditioner. Actually 2 of them. Will that help or will i actually need different cables?

I have a similar filter below for my sources @anewmission ; good protection and rf filtering for your ac power ; balanced lines are still effective for your delicate pre amp level signals though. For example speaker level signals from your power amps are much more robust which along with the speakers impedance explains why speaker cables very rarely use shielding - the current negates it to a great extent :)

That said it might be very effective at filtering rf entering your system ; I like balanced xlr because of the rats nest of overlapping cables in my system [and my equipment has the capability ] ; xlr doesn't cost a lot so its extra insurance is the way I look at it ..

http://www.picaust.com/Power-&-Lightning-Protection.html

I have a similar filter below for my sources [mention=261711]anewmission[/mention] ; good protection and rf filtering for your ac power ; balanced lines are still effective for your delicate pre amp level signals though. For example speaker level signals from your power amps are much more robust which along with the speakers impedance explains why speaker cables very rarely use shielding - the current negates it to a great extent
That said it might be very effective at filtering rf entering your system ; I like balanced xlr because of the rats nest of overlapping cables in my system [and my equipment has the capability ] ; xlr doesn't cost a lot so its extra insurance is the way I look at it ..
http://www.picaust.com/Power-&-Lightning-Protection.html

Ok awesome i will take your advice! Im guessing its better to spend more money on interconnects and power cables than speaker cables? I was considering making my own silver speaker cables but i have tried multiple types of speaker cables and hardly notice a difference. And i have tried them on many different amps/speakers

Thinking about it the one connection that has fried my electronics was the cable internet line into the router and then all computers and devices connected via ethernet were fried.