FS: Woodland audio monitors - curious usb cable designer

Item: pair of woodland audio monitors
Location: Sunshine Coast - price includes delivery to Brisbane or Gold Coast
Price: $700 OBO
Item Condition: 8/10 very, very good considering age - few minor wood chips (it's not a veneer so still looks very good), grill slightly discolored with age.
Reason for selling: surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:
Woodland audio were made by Rob from Curious cables in Australia about 35 years ago, the terminals have been replaced with something a little more user friendly. Rob has meticulously tuned these like he does his cables for the best possible sound.

They have fantastic imaging, great stage and are tuned a tad brighter than neutral. treble crisp and defined, bass is decent but rolls off around 70hz. These are incredibly detailed but not fatiguing which surprised me the most.

Apparently the BOM was very high with these speakers and low sales was why Woodland audio went out of business.

A few SNA guys heard these and expressed interest to buy them I've sent them PMs, I bought them myself after a short audition.

I have driven them directly on a 6 watt tube amp and up to 100watt SS amp, surprisingly efficient. No specs available sorry.

Interesting collectors item, very good sound for the $$. Speakers in great original condition, no re-foam required, gorgeous real wood cabinets. Auditions welcome.

Pictures:

IMG_20190209_163509.jpg?width=504&height

IMG_20190209_163745.jpg?width=504&height

IMG_20190209_163527.jpg?width=504&height

IMG_20190209_161928.jpg?width=504&height

Edited by Xecuter

Just to set the record straight - Woodland Audio did not go broke.  

The speakers were discontinued once they became a distributor for Mission speakers.

They were a fine sounding speaker from my recollection.   :thumb:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...