Electronic currently spinning

Thumbs up for the Raster Noton choices!

I've only got a a few albums and a couple DVD's by Alva Noto & Ryoji Ikeda from the Raster-Noton label. Some of the releases on this label are a bit too academic for me to listen to more than once, however, the better ones have provided me with some of my best hifi experiences - there is just so much detail and spatial awareness especially in Alva Noto's Xerrox series and Ikeda's Dataplex.

This could be worth a look:

http://www.raster-noton.net/main.php?action=products&dat=189

Edited by houdinifangs

I've only got a a few albums and a couple DVD's by Alva Noto & Ryoji Ikeda from the Raster-Noton label. Some of the releases on this label are a bit too academic for me to listen to more than once,[/url]

I have "1000 fragments" by Ryoki Ikeda, and frankly I find it impenetrable. It's in the back cupboard along with afew others bought, - played once and now languishing.

You can have it H if you want.

On the other hand, an album to be played many times over for years to come is Jimmy Van M, - 'Balance" on EQ. A triple disc of absolutely fabulous electronic and dance mixed tracks from everyone brilliant. FSL. Coldcut, Boards of Canada, (superb) Theivery's, Autechre,Bonobo, Aphex, LCD SS, truly a top class collection of straight and re-mixed, Down, Mid & Uptempo selections from 2006 (released). If you can track it down splash-out with confidence.

Grimmie

I have "1000 fragments" by Ryoki Ikeda, and frankly I find it impenetrable. It's in the back cupboard along with afew others bought, - played once and now languishing...

On the other hand, an album to be played many times over for years to come is Jimmy Van M, - 'Balance" on EQ. A triple disc of absolutely fabulous electronic and dance mixed tracks from everyone brilliant...If you can track it down splash-out with confidence.

Grimmie

Yeah, I find most of Ikeda's releases sound interesting on paper but tend to be not always rewarding. I really enjoyed Dataplex, but many Ikeda purists may consider it to be a significant departure from his earlier work. His installations are quite amazing experiences and well worth checking out should one grace your local contemporary art space.

I've added "Balance" to my Amazon wish list (only $20) although theres a bit of a queue since I started following a few of the SNA music threads.

Digesting a few albums I followed up from this thread:

Bonobo - Black Sands

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

**** Robot - From the cradle to the Rave

All very enjoyable and fresh sounding as they are not what I usually purchase, so massive thanks to those who inspire new choices.

This album is also rocking me jocks - could be my favorite for the year:

shobaleader-one-d-demonstrator.jpg

Squarepusher presents: Shobaleader One - d'Demonstrator

Funky/prog/punk/electro vocoder mayhem at it's best!

G'day,

51n2YXXkNIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Aphex Twin - Drukqs -- got this double CD today for $2 ... it seems to cover all of RDJ's styles to that point. So there's yer ambient tracks that sound like Selected Ambient Works, yer drill-n-bass tracks that sounds like The Richard D James Album, yer weird shiz tracks that sound like Come To Daddy and Hangable Auto Bulb, etc, as well as some sampled piano pieces. It's like a Best Of compilation of stuff that never got released the first time.

--Geoff

G'day,

This album is also rocking me jocks - could be my favorite for the year:

shobaleader-one-d-demonstrator.jpg

Squarepusher presents: Shobaleader One - d'Demonstrator

Funky/prog/punk/electro vocoder mayhem at it's best!

Gawd ... I remember when Squarepusher was all about drum-n-bass and jazz fusion, man ... now Tom Jenkinson is gone all R-n-B/electro with a vocoder (at least according to the Amazon samples I'm listening to right now). He'll be breaking out the autotune next. Still ... I like it.

--Geoff

G'day,

Gawd ... I remember when Squarepusher was all about drum-n-bass and jazz fusion, man ... now Tom Jenkinson is gone all R-n-B/electro with a vocoder (at least according to the Amazon samples I'm listening to right now). He'll be breaking out the autotune next. Still ... I like it.

--Geoff

Tom Jenkinson:

maxi.jpg

Evil funk robot

Just arrived from CD Baby:

Invisible Allies

Hyperdimensional Animal, Native State Records

A new side project made by Evan Blutech and Jamie Watts (Kilowatts)

Wonderful production, get involved!!

Edited by Vitruvian

Just arrived from CD Baby:

Invisible Allies

Hyperdimensional Animal, Native State Records

A new side project made by Evan Blutech and Jamie Watts (Kilowatts)

Wonderful production, get involved!!

Big fan of Blutech and Kilowatts, so no doubt this would be a great album. Thanks for the heads up.

Listening to: Monster Zoku Onsomb's self titled debut, very nice!

Big fan of Blutech and Kilowatts, so no doubt this would be a great album. Thanks for the heads up.

Listening to: Monster Zoku Onsomb's self titled debut, very nice!

You are welcome. :nana

Native State Records is definitely worth keeping an eye on if you like the Blutech/ Kilowatts sound. Shen 'Outlines' on that label is also well worth a listen (if you have not heard it).

some of my picks from last year

Breakage - Foundation

Hidden Orchestra - Night Walks

Mount Kimbie - Crooks & Lovers

James Blake - Klavierwerke EP

Doobius, I don't any of these people - I am indeed out of it. Could you add a few words of guidance re the style/mood/feel of these artists!