Electronic currently spinning

On 02/11/2020 at 11:14 AM, wikeeboy said:

Bribie Dub - Echo Inspectors and Insect O [Primary Colours]

Nice bit of Melbourne dub techno to start the week. Local boy Lance Harrison from Echo Inspectors.

local dub techo, let me at it!

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All,   Some 70's German Electronica today:     JJ

Trentemoller - "Obverse"        

Last nights retail therapy courtesy of Urban Records in Leederville

Going back to some of my younger days over the next few posts

Taucher - Waters and BT - Flaiming June (Chicane and BBE remixes, both of which are good).

IMG_6523.thumb.JPG.5d6eddcbeb1b2333611c9e9cff4a39af.JPGIMG_6524.thumb.JPG.10dbcc29b1e263b2af75e3a343dec907.JPG

• Like 2

Last one for the night.  Joi Cardwell - Soul To Bare.

This one was played by Sasha in a GU (San Francisco if I recall).

IMG_6527.thumb.JPG.52642d664ce6b641a51b8a78d3887fd3.JPG

Edited by qik_shift
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, qik_shift said:

OMG what a classic - Push - Universal Nation

Bonzai!

IMG_6525.thumb.JPG.36bcdbc255384bd59fd20da935d38d5e.JPG

Classic indeed!

Picked up the Bart Skills remix earlier in the year to go with my OG version :)

IMG_5616 copy.jpg

• Like 1

Enjoying this long time favourite and electronic classic via surround system. Taking signal ( from CD ) exit Bluray player via analogue out into ONKYO A/V ( ? into pro-logic).

I am amazed how this decodes; I thought pro-logic only did a simulation job of rear info.

This spin reveals not only discreet rear L/ R detail, but, on track 2 ( OXYGENE 11) very distinct diagonal information.

Quite amazing really for a 1976 release. My copy is the Pilydor/Dreyfus 800 015-2 German original, not the brick walled Dave Dadwater from 2014.

Billy

71796151-9FBA-48ED-9FC1-5FA3BB743A0B.jpeg

F87CB52E-1CE4-4C7C-B2BC-7D6C8BCF2C97.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Anatoly Beaver-Hausen said:

Enjoying this long time favourite and electronic classic via surround system. Taking signal ( from CD ) exit Bluray player via analogue out into ONKYO A/V ( ? into pro-logic).

I am amazed how this decodes; I thought pro-logic only did a simulation job of rear info.

This spin reveals not only discreet rear L/ R detail, but, on track 2 ( OXYGENE 11) very distinct diagonal information.

Quite amazing really for a 1976 release. My copy is the Pilydor/Dreyfus 800 015-2 German original, not the brick walled Dave Dadwater from 2014.

Billy

71796151-9FBA-48ED-9FC1-5FA3BB743A0B.jpeg

F87CB52E-1CE4-4C7C-B2BC-7D6C8BCF2C97.jpeg

Considering it was made in his home studio (kitchen) in 1975/76 you're right it does sound amazing.

I got a MFSL vinyl copy of this last year, unplayed and in its original bag from a second hand record dealer for $40. Bargain considering what they sell for.

https://www.discogs.com/Jean-Michel-Jarre-Oxygene/release/1740285

His original albums, up to and including "Magnetic Fields" were his best work IMHO. Rendezvous is pretty good as well.

Edited by Guest
Just now, Anatoly Beaver-Hausen said:

Did you score the Mofi record or CD ? I know they were well regarded.

Record. They're no different from the Japanese pressings quality wise (since they are actually Japanese pressings!), but yes they are quite collectible.

I'm after a copy of Equinoxe but they too are very expensive.

1 minute ago, Anatoly Beaver-Hausen said:

I think the Mofis are very close to the first generation Polydor/ Dreyfus, I.e. - neither squashed or messed with. Would love to have the former, but very happy with the latter.

I don't believe any are "squashed" except for the latter "remastered" CD's which sounded aweful.

I've got the 80's Polydor CD's from Germany as well, and they sound great. I dunno what people are talking about when they reckon 80s CD's sound terrible, they sound great to me.

Too hot to go out, so music and air con is the solution. This one got my attention when sorting through my collection. A Renaissance release from 1997 called Worldwide mixed by Dave Seaman and Robert Miles. 

9656BD91-CDB6-47CF-B5E0-289CC28DBC79.jpeg

17 hours ago, att23 said:

Too hot to go out, so music and air con is the solution. This one got my attention when sorting through my collection. A Renaissance release from 1997 called Worldwide mixed by Dave Seaman and Robert Miles. 

9656BD91-CDB6-47CF-B5E0-289CC28DBC79.jpeg

Dave Seaman CD was a cracker!

• Like 1

a3025945845_14.jpg

Scape One - Tales Of The 808 -- a 51 track collection of this artist's electro/acid/IDM tunes from over the years. 5 hours worth. One quid for the lossless download from Bandcamp (that may be a temporary Bandcamp Friday price, mind).

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon
  • Thanks 1
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic