houdinifangs

Electronic currently spinning

flembaz-tripalle.jpg

Flembaz - Tripalle -- some Portuguese techno courtesy of the Ektoplazm net label. Good stuff. Free FLAC download here

--Geoff

Edited by wim

New Lambchop is on the way. A nice mellow opener from them:

news from Pitch Black:

< Hi Groovers,

Big thanks to all of you who bought our new single 'Invisible Chatter'. Your support and feedback is much appreciated.

We're pretty excited to announce that you can now pre-order copies of our new album from our Bandcamp site – go fill yer boots with bass!

https://pitchblack.bandcamp.com/album/filtered-senses

'Filtered Senses' is our first new studio recording in nine years. Both of us released two solo albums each in that hiatus, but had stacks of source material to start bouncing ideas back and forth for a new collaboration. With Paddy in Piha and Mike in London, we exchanged ideas remotely on a slow burn for about 18 months and then we did an old school album making pressure cooker session in the Dub Loft in Hackney for 2 weeks this May. >

More Massive Attack this time with Cate Blanchett. I'm guessing there's an album on the way?

Language warning.

The Advisory Circle - From Out Here

transforms you back to the 70's in a current way bring memories of Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Richard Wrights 'Pink Floyd keyboards.  very kool

FoH-Cover-1400-636x636.jpg

Fresh hot.

BookaShade-Movements.jpg

Booka Shade

Movements

2006 GER

If you are a big fan of Booka Shade's and haven't heard Movements on vinyl, you absolutely must! One of the very best!  :thumb:

That's getting deluxe reissue treatment very soon. Killerrrrrrrr!

Streaming from Spotify. Enjoying this one. Nice and dystopian in a Bladerunner kinda way. With Love never really clicked for me. The longer tracks on Ultra give more space for things to progress...it's not Dedication though...

zomby-ultra-2016-album-new.jpg?w=806&h=8

Also playing Alva Noto Xerox Vol.3 after seeing it on @J_o_h_n list of LP's. It's great, perhaps one of my favorites from Alva Noto. This one is very melodic and ambient...great to photoshop to...

alva-noto-xerox-vol-31.jpg?w=768&h=768

Edited by houdinifangs

10 minutes ago, J_o_h_n said:

I have that new Zomby earmarked for a first run today. Maybe I shouldn't sell the Alva Noto vinyl? ;)

I wouldn't sell...I'm sure that the packaging is sweet too and your mad for letting the Kangding Ray go...lucky I'm not in Sydney. BTW Diamond Version is the thing to get on wax...bangers make more sense than chill IMO...

Edited by houdinifangs

42 minutes ago, houdinifangs said:

I wouldn't sell...I'm sure that the packaging is sweet too and your mad for letting the Kangding Ray go...lucky I'm not in Sydney. BTW Diamond Version is the thing to get on wax...bangers make more sense than chill IMO...

You've convinced me - both now withdrawn from sale. ;)

3 hours ago, houdinifangs said:

Streaming from Spotify. Enjoying this one. Nice and dystopian in a Bladerunner kinda way. With Love never really clicked for me. The longer tracks on Ultra give more space for things to progress...it's not Dedication though...

zomby-ultra-2016-album-new.jpg?w=806&h=8

Also playing Alva Noto Xerox Vol.3 after seeing it on @J_o_h_n list of LP's. It's great, perhaps one of my favorites from Alva Noto. This one is very melodic and ambient...great to photoshop to...

alva-noto-xerox-vol-31.jpg?w=768&h=768

https://boomkat.com/products/ultra-1cee5322-b27e-4fed-8475-3181fe360f13

< Boomkat Product Review:

Hyperdub grip the best Zomby gear in ages with Ultra - including guest spots by Burial, Banshee, Darkstar, Dream Catalogue’s Hong Kong Express and TTT’s Rezzett.

Switching back to the site of his best early gear after flirting with 4AD, Zomby’s 4th LP of cubist ‘nuum tessellation is ultra-violet, ultra-hooligan, ultra-encrypted in a way that only he can do; isolating the potent parts of grime, R&B and ‘ardcore thru a hazy, red-eyed lense of vaporous electronics to shape and feel out one of the most enigmatic chapters in his ever twisting saga.

All the hallmarks of his sound are clear and present, but here sculpted and stitched with a closer attention to tailoring, layering and shape that belies his years in the game and the distance he’s willing to deviate from his UK-centric vision, which hems as firmly as he’s ever done to ice cold touchstones of street-rave couture and skizzed-out hyperscally aesthetics.

Where With Love gushed and sprawled, Ultra is like its pinched, screwfaced come-down, cycling from the cascading sci-fi bleeps and foreboding female vocal in Reflection to a sodden conclusion with Tenkyuu, fading in and out of its 14 cuts with a film editor’s sleight of hand or anime storyteller’s framing learnt from too many late nights in a haze of green and locked to the glow of a screen.

And when we say UK, we mean it in the way that any smart cxnt knows: that British music is deeply syncretic, magpie; picking and choosing from anywhere it likes to sate a need for newness, rufige, romance, madness - all at once - as well worn in the mixture of gothic Belgian and London-Jamaican tones with Burst or the US/UK binds of Fly 2, and the cyber dimensions with the stepping string ciphers of E.S.P., whilst his Sweetz link-up with Burial feels to blend road level US, South American and UK flexes with beguiling, transcendent style. >

sounds like he's twiddling with his knob(s)

For the Tangerine Dream and/or Stranger Things heads out there.

Although I'm not actually spinning it,  and i may never do,  i recently bought this limited edition thunderdome die hard picture disc vinyl. 

By far the the most money i paid for one vinyl. 

This vinyl is only available as part of a box set with other items,  and was made in a small amount of numbers. 

unnamed (1).jpg