Electronic currently spinning

Underworld - Jumbo

Epic track.  

It takes me back to seeing them play this track at Metro.  I lost my mind.   I went home and my jeans stayed standing after I took them off.  Unforgettable night.

IMG_6469.JPG

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, qik_shift said:

If you're easily offended, keep away.  Pretty experimental stuff.  I quite like it.  There's some amazing bass beats in there!

? I like the warning... but its ok, am not one of these young generation offended by everything, all the time and on behalf of others..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 81Vintage said:

? I like the warning... but its ok, am not one of these young generation offended by everything, all the time and on behalf of others..

In that case you're welcome to visit my home :).  I'm sure i've unintentionally offended everybody on the planet time and time again over the years. 

• Like 1

Tonight for me is a little emotional.  I just found out Phil K recently died at the age of 51 after a battle with cancer.

Phil, a Melbourne based person who has surrounded himself in the music scene since the 90s (DMC records anybody?).  I found him to be one of the pioneers of the breakbeat era that formed in the 90s.  Many of you who have GU mixes may recognise his Zero Tolerance label through Narkotik's track called Blue - an amazing track that well and truly deserved to land in a GU release.

Tonight I play a track of his own creation.  HiFi bugs - Lydian & the Dinosaur.  I remember talking to Phil about this at DMC at the time of purchasing this on white label.

Rest in peace Phil.  You truly remind me of a great era of my life.  You will most certainly not be forgotten.

IMG_6488.thumb.JPG.33d62331cc2a660b1e2623d5bb99b375.JPG

Edited by qik_shift
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, qik_shift said:

Tonight for me is a little emotional.  I just found out Phil K recently died at the age of 51 after a battle with cancer.

Phil, a Melbourne based person who has surrounded himself in the music scene since the 90s (DMC records anybody?).  I found him to be one of the pioneers of the breakbeat era that formed in the 90s.  Many of you who have GU mixes may recognise his Zero Tolerance label through Narkotik's track called Blue - an amazing track that well and truly deserved to land in a GU release.

Tonight I play a track of his own creation.  HiFi bugs - Lydian & the Dinosaur.  I remember talking to Phil about this at DMC at the time of purchasing this on white label.

Rest in peace Phil.  You truly remind me of a great era of my life.  You will most certainly not be forgotten.

IMG_6488.thumb.JPG.33d62331cc2a660b1e2623d5bb99b375.JPG

Very sad news of Phil's passing on Sunday, he was a legend in the scene. Gives me shivers to think it was exactly a year since the fundraiser held for him at La Di Da.

Although i didn't always gel with his style, he was a true trailblazer and did it his own way.

I've always loved this tune by him (and Luke Chable). Playing it in honour.

Lostep - Burma

RIP Phil

IMG_5334 copy.jpg

• Like 3

a0872324959_14.jpg

Scape One - 4U5 -- the fifth compilation in a series, from prolific producer Kurt Baggelay, this seems to be mainly electro in sound. Over 150 tracks (more than 14 hours, including a 59 minute live set) for just 1 quid on Bandcamp Friday and this weekend.

--Geoff 

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 1

Something nice to start the week.

Pale Sketcher is one of the many pseudonyms of Justin Broadrick, ex Napalm Death, Godflesh, Techno Animal and now predominantly of Jesu. 

I first heard this out when Aphex Twin played it when he toured in January 2012. A very cool EP and like all his stuff, well worth checking out.