Electronic currently spinning

14 minutes ago, MoveD said:

Banco de Gaia - Last Train to Lhasa

Special Limited Edition

Quadruple Vinyl

Nostalgic!

I got the 3CD version back in the day ... dunno if the first CD still holds up but I do enjoy the remixes. 

The 4xLP has (I think) the same tracks as the 3CD but the 36 minute must be split over 2 sides.

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon

3 minutes ago, hired goon said:

The 4xLP has (I think) the same tracks as the 3CD but the 36 minute must be split over 2 sides.

--Geoff

Yes. Kincajou (duck! asteroid) is broken into part 1 on Side Five and part 2 on Side Six unfortunately.

For anyone interested in the more reductionist and 'electronics' side of 'electronic music', I highly recommend taking advantage of the label sm-ll (now maybe called Unrequested Artist / band name*) 90% off sale for discography. About $30 AUD for 40 releases (EP- to LP length). If the name Andrea Taeggi means anything to you, he is probably one of the more accessible artists on the label.

https://sm-ll.bandcamp.com/music

Edited by ericd
  • Like 1

Liquid Stranger - The Intergalatic Slapstick (2009)

OK, so not an album title likely to draw you in. But i was so glad i managed to pick up this on physical media, cos i'm a anorak, and Arcane Terrain, after i stumbled onto LS (not LSD ) a few years ago. I guess it's a mixture of electronica, chill, dub, some reggae! (Track 4 - Soundboy Killa) etc.  Some decent synth bass and immersive soundscape on several tracks. Indian chanting (Nitin Sawney fans) on Track 10.  A really interesting mixture.

IMG_4738.jpg

Edited by 2Brix
further thoughts
  • Like 2

John Foxx ‎– Concrete And Organised Noise - 2020 -ltd edition of 500 copies. amazing set of mainly instrumental;s from the Metamatic time period - initially first released on the 2018 3CD Metamatic box set - so cool to have on vinyl.

[IMG]

• Like 3