Electronic currently spinning

I bought all the Chem's albums up 'till "Push the Button" which I thought was a lazy and weak effort. Haven't bothered with them since. Similarly Radiohead were going great untill they decided to backslide into rock with the "Hail to the Theif" rubbish. (IMO) I suppose these bands just do not share my vision and wonderfull taste :P

I think I'll give Yorkey a spin tonight "Eraser" just to show he's still cool in my book.

Grimmie

I think I'll give Yorkey a spin tonight "Eraser" just to show he's still cool in my book.

Grimmie

I listened to Eraser earlier tonight for the 1st time - I guess it was Ok...but I should have listened to it before the hype and without knowing who made it. I liked Thom's contribution go the current Mode Selektor album though... Unfortunately I misplaced my Mode Selektor files when upgrading my computer...

Has anyone heard of the Icelandic group Mum (pronounced Moom)?

I only have two electronica discs in my collection, this is one of them.

Titled: Yesterday was dramatic, today is ok. Love the title.

It was their debut album in 2000.

[ATTACH]26021[/ATTACH]

My favourite track is track 3: There is a number of small things. Playful, tuneful, quirky, unusual, sweet in parts and dynamic in parts.

Really like this disc, great demonstration disc of system dynamics in my opinion.

Has anyone heard of the Icelandic group Mum (pronounced Moom)?

I only have two electronica discs in my collection, this is one of them.

Titled: Yesterday was dramatic, today is ok. Love the title.

It was their debut album in 2000.

[ATTACH]26021[/ATTACH]

My favourite track is track 3: There is a number of small things. Playful, tuneful, quirky, unusual, sweet in parts and dynamic in parts.

Really like this disc, great demonstration disc of system dynamics in my opinion.

Yeah, I listened to this and there second album "Finally We Are No One" quite a bit when they came out. Lost a bit of interest after that though.

A bit of trivia for Belle and Sebastian Fans. They twins featured on the cover of "Fold Your Hands Child.." are the vocalists from Mum's first 2 albums.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26022[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26061[/ATTACH]

A chill remix double CD, mainly for the brilliant Depeche Mode - Useless remix

Yeah, that's OK, but surely 'Trans Fatty Acid' by lamb is better. Best though for me has to be rocker's Hi Fi - 'Going Under' All dispair and menace.

To be honest, despite it's reputation as being the best chill album, I do find a lot of it is chilled to the point of blandness, with a few great exceptions.

Been spinning a classy album from1995 (great era for dance / electronic) by Richard H Kirk, 'The Number of Magic'. One of those that is perhaps dated as in certain sounds are very specific to the period but nevertheless the music still grows on you with each play (thanks Boidos for the sale)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26102[/ATTACH]

One more - DJ Krush 'Stepping Stones' I can recomend, but only for disc 2 the instrumentals "Sounscapes" - original and hard-edged. (Disc 1 showcases his love for American Gangsta-Rap, - no thanks.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26103[/ATTACH]

Yeah, that's OK, but surely 'Trans Fatty Acid' by lamb is better. Best though for me has to be rocker's Hi Fi - 'Going Under' All dispair and menace.

To be honest, despite it's reputation as being the best chill album, I do find a lot of it is chilled to the point of blandness, with a few great exceptions.

Definitely. Going Under is a very cool track.. one I had never heard before because being at the end of cd2 I never got that far :)

One more - DJ Krush 'Stepping Stones' I can recomend, but only for disc 2 the instrumentals "Sounscapes" - original and hard-edged. (Disc 1 showcases his love for American Gangsta-Rap, - no thanks.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26103[/ATTACH]

I downloaded a stack of his mp3s to sample after hearing Dig this Vibe in the movie Blade, but that was just the same riff in a 2min loop, and from what I skipped thru that seems to be his thing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26124[/ATTACH]

Thunderball - Scorpio Rising - AMG review "In Thunderball's world, blaxploitation funk, cinematic soul, bossa nova lounge, downtempo dub, and downtown drum'n'bass all come together to create a hipster vibe few other groups could even aspire to, let alone create."

• Like 1