Electronic currently spinning

Makyo - Tribal Dub

Lovers of Gio Makyo's previous dub infused tribal/world releases will appreciate this.

In the artist's words: "Tribal Dub is the long-rumored "lost" Makyo album, intended as a follow-up to 2005's "Swara Mandala." Many tracks were recorded, not all were finished, and this mini album represents the best that remained".

In a honest and self-effacing manner he goes on to state: "It was a period of depression and mild alcoholism for me, and I was finding it very hard to finish any tracks. I probably planned to work on all of these some more, but they sound just fine to me now. Sometimes it's easy to lose the plot and just keep on mixing forever". 

Sounds just fine to me :cool:

a2598931969_10resize.jpg

• Like 1

Spinning a few from my top shelves, all top SQ...

1. Aphex Twin - Cheetah EP - That fat Cheetah bass !

2. Shed - Shedding The Past - Ab Fab!

3. B12 - Orbiting Soul - Best sound of the four this evening, what a surprise!

4. B12 - Electro Soma - This sounds so good I ordered the Electro Soma II. Hopefully just as good...

Spinning-Cheetah.jpg.67909e894fd619fa7bd59433ee8c5ab0.jpgSpinning-Shed.jpg.e9bcb4bbb13f8f1d756a6d476ce561ee.jpgSpinning-OrbitingSoul.jpg.c70981d908eb0d253c1fd757cfb40fa9.jpgSpinning-ElectroSoma.jpg.6eeacce6739e1fbd15084c35bd1b09ce.jpg

a2151929235_16.jpg

Procedural Braindance - Pentachroma -- big fat bass lines, acid squelches over busy drum patterns ... you'd think this was a long lost Aphex Twin album from the 1990s. But apparently it is completely computer generated: the melodies, the rhythms, the recording, everything . All done by computer. Press a button and out pops an album. Is IDM that predictable? "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp. 

--Geoff

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 1:55 PM, WINEDS said:

Just hooked up with this artist.  Magnus Birgersson (aka Solar Fields) cited it as an influence in an interview.  All music seems to be name your own price on BC.

Yeah I've bought a few albums from Stellardrone via Bandcamp.

--Geoff

• Thanks 1