Sign in to follow this  
Marc

No more riding for me

On 12/02/2019 at 11:05 PM, A J said:

I was hanging in hospital with a morphine drip

I do like the morphine drip when stuck in hospital. Good medicine. Prefer the free world.

Edited by Hazzzy

Lot of love for the Boss, nice to see.😝

It’s going to be a slow recovery it seems. The shoulder has been put back together. My hand still doesn’t work though and have almost unbearable pain through my hand from the nerve damage which shows no signs of easing up yet. Drugs have been completely ineffective. Seeing another doc about that tomorrow.

7be8805d57fa48642071d6473674a73b.jpg

I feel for you. Currently recovering from C6 disc surgery - most likely related to a lifetime of MTB crashes & a bit of bad luck.

Hope you get some improvement soon.

Guest Muon N'

Hope they sort out some pain relief for you, chronic pain of the level you suggest suxs big time.

When all my ribs were busted, yeah the pain bends your mind after a while but what really got me was the inability to ever sleep. I think I was hallucinating after a few weeks.

14 hours ago, Marc said:

.....  almost unbearable pain through my hand from the nerve damage which shows no signs of easing up yet. Drugs have been completely ineffective. Seeing another doc about that tomorrow.

Nerve pain is awful. It makes it hard to move. That makes the pain worse. The more you can move the affected part safely and input normal sensory input into the hand the faster the pain pathways can back-off.

Hope the nerve endings settle down sooner rather than later. All the best in this difficult time.

Mate, Sorry to hear of your dilemma. Us MTB riders all come off at some stage but of course there's degrees of injury and yours looks like one at the higher end. FWIW my wife had a petty bad over the bars accident a few years ago when we were out riding together; broken teeth, broken and dislocated knuckle/hand bones, split lip, abrasions, bruises, shock, hospital, operations, doctors, dentists, lots of physio, etc, etc... It happened just before Christmas 2014 and took nearly 2 years to recover to the stage where she could confidently ride again. Physio therapy can work wonders these days so hang in there and try to stay positive. All the best.....

Edited by Beacon

@Marc

Just found the track where you hurt yourself. No wonder 😮

Guest Muon N'

That track is crazy! :o

The track is fine ..... it's just the sanity of anyone riding down it I would worry about ........... They must have no imagination ........ I  imagined the pain of falling off after hitting the first obstacle and decided it wasn't anything that I would want do do.

7 hours ago, Ancientflatulence said:

The track is fine ..... it's just the sanity of anyone riding down it I would worry about ........... They must have no imagination ........ I  imagined the pain of falling off after hitting the first obstacle and decided it wasn't anything that I would want do do.

This guy has complete confidence in his skill and is being rewarded with a great ride, humans are amazing things aren't they, he is living his life that's for sure

That last slalom through the trees is a suicide run!

1 minute ago, Kaynin said:

That last slalom through the trees is a suicide run!

Amazing hey, that's confidence isn't it, crazy riding and great to be on board with him, the tree's freaked me out

I once rode the black diamond downhill course at the You Yangs. ONCE... The whole way down it I was just preying I made it out in 1 piece. Big sharp granite boulders everywhere if you come off. I rode and raced BMX as a kid but the thrill of danger is no longer there.

Guest JohnA
On 10/03/2019 at 2:57 PM, wolster said:

@Marc

Just found the track where you hurt yourself. No wonder 😮

id give that a go on my roadie 

MADNESS

Soundtrack is Blackbird by the late Martyn Bennett, who's music is well worth seeking out.

20 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Soundtrack is Blackbird by the late Martyn Bennett, who's music is well worth seeking out.

Stunning, WOW!!

This is truly insane.

Just watched the clip that Wolster posted top of P7.

O.M.G. !!    just a slight slip ....

The Ridge ......... Utterly amazing skill ........... and utterly amazing stupidity  ............. (shakes head completely baffled by the risks people take)

this was on my list for this year but alas wont work out. so had to postpone and hopefully make it for next year, mid 2020 

anyone else keen? 

A couple of riders I know have completed it. I think the oldest rider is around 69yrs. 

This is a clip of a good rider in his qualifying/ seeding run. Ideally you don’t want to be in the ‘pack’. 

Seeding

I don't even want to ride sealed footpaths anymore, let alone some of the craziness posted to this thread.

Sadly, no improvement to the Radial nerve yet and left hand is just coming along for a free ride still.

The hard drugs for the nerve pain work, but render me practically useless.

I persevere each morning through the pain to at least get a little work done as bills still have to be paid. The rest of the day is spent in my own little bubble with floating pink elephants and new interpretations of The Wall, DSOTM and more. Pretty cool rediscovering music in this state actually! Just trying to be positive! :)