Sansui77

10 Year Old Pana TV's will not dieeee

You can pry my Panny plasma from my cold dead hands. It has its foibles but the image quality is just lovely imo. 

I see your fancy TV’s and raise you our Loewe Xelos CRT, which remains our only telly!  I’ve replaced the same blown fuse 3 times - it blows every 6yrs or so.....!

My 42 inch Pana is now 12 years old and still works like new :)

I do have 4 more, they are 2011, 2014 and 2015 models - so, hopefully they will all keep working. (They are in my house as well as parents.)

When I can get NBN and free to air quality TV I may upgrade to 4K, but at the moment my Panasonics are doing well.

By the way I bought a Loewe in 2000. It was a great TV except that it could not handle temperature changes - interesting problem as it was close to our wood stove in Adelaide which means there were lots of temparature changes. Cost me  about $350 every few  years to fix. Finally died at age 11 due to a lightning strike

yep can hardly fault Panasonic as a brand, have a 42inch that's around 10 year old that's starting to switch on and off on its own but will be using it until it goes boom.

I went from  a perfectly working Sony Trinitron KV HR 36 crt TV to the last of the Plasma's  Panasonic VIERA  65' VT60 Series the month they stopped making them around 2014. I too wont upgrade until the Plasma dies or TVs are replaced with Holograms...

Stump

I to have a 10 year old 50" panansonic plasma still going strong, plus a 60" Viera VT60 series when they stopped making them in 2014 and won't be replacing them either! Great product.

On 24/03/2019 at 10:14 PM, Mat-with-one-t said:

I see your fancy TV’s and raise you our Loewe Xelos CRT, which remains our only telly!  I’ve replaced the same blown fuse 3 times - it blows every 6yrs or so.....!

I craved one of these tv's. Instead I bought a Metz Artos 82. It's now at my in-laws house, still works but they have lost the remote.

On 25/03/2019 at 2:33 PM, Stump said:

I went from  a perfectly working Sony Trinitron KV HR 36 crt TV to the last of the Plasma's  Panasonic VIERA  65' VT60 Series the month they stopped making them around 2014. I too wont upgrade until the Plasma dies or TVs are replaced with Holograms...

Stump

Awesome tv! I remember going to JB Hi-Fi to look at these.

13 hours ago, Mr_Gadget said:

Metz Artos 82. It's now at my in-laws house, still works but they have lost the remote.

If a suitable remote is needed, looks like Logitech have this brand and model in their database to program their Harmony remote controls.

Perhaps other "universal" remote(s) may also have it built in as a selectable choice?

Cheers.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, abeernut said:

If a suitable remote is needed, looks like Logitech have this brand and model in their database to program their Harmony remote controls.

Perhaps other "universal" remote(s) may also have it built in as a selectable choice?

Cheers.

Doesn't matter, only the grandchildren used it to play on the playstation, they don't use it anymore. Thanks anyway and handy to know though.

Edited by Mr_Gadget

The D8000 let go today, bad timing for an 2018 OLED. 😡

18 minutes ago, SLE355 said:

you want 2019... one of the panas that have all bases covered ! 

47 minutes ago, SLE355 said:

I just bought a Sony A8F Oled to replace my Pana plasma (with its bright vertical green line)....the Sony picture quality is awesome. 

On 13/02/2019 at 11:43 AM, Janjuc said:

I also have a 58" Samsung plasma, about the same age, which since Christmas time has developed a faint purple hue across the top of the screen, it is about 5mm wide and only shows up when there is a white or very pale colour in that area. If some has had a similar problem, do you know how long it may take before failure??

Cheers,

JJ

I have an early-mid 2000's LG plasma which has done this for at least 10 years. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to cark it.

On 08/05/2019 at 4:58 PM, betty boop said:

you want 2019... one of the panas that have all bases covered ! 

Yeah, hopefully getting the D8000 fixed and will get one later in the year when prices come down.

On 08/05/2019 at 5:29 PM, Whites said:

I just bought a Sony A8F Oled to replace my Pana plasma (with its bright vertical green line)....the Sony picture quality is awesome. 

Still some around but a bit pricey compared to what the Pana was a month or two ago. If they bottom out under 3K i could jump though.