Sansui77

10 Year Old Pana TV's will not dieeee

Hi All,

I was at JB the other day and seen some wonderful TV's on display. The salesman asked can i help you?, I said to him i'm just looking and maybe an upgrade soon but i mentioned that i'm waiting for both of my Panasonic TV's to die. He laughed and made me think all these new lovely TV's on display won't last 10 years.

Both my Pana's just won't die..... Not even from a lighting strike... well that's a bit over the top but i just can't see the point of upgrading both perfectly working TV's. One was built from 2009 (37" LCD) & the other from 2011 (50" V10 Plasma).

I'm worried when they need to be replaced that the new TV's will only last 4 years if i'm lucky. 

P.s I have 3 x Sonic 40" LED (E40W13AU) from employees with faults at my work. I've repaired one, the other had a faulty LED strip..(Bin) and the last one has a faulty main board. There not even 4 years old. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND!!!!!!

Edited by Sansui77

My panasonic plasma has been going strong for ten years or more.

Yep I still have an old 50" plasma Panasonic kicking on strong as well as a 43" Pioneer also have more modern Samsung and LG plasma's which are showing no signs of slowing down can't see a reason to replace them apart from the good feeling of buying something new.

Samsung just released their new 8K TV's so will wait until the 4K comes down in price

I shocked the Loewe rep at a recent exhibition when I said that there was a major problem with their TVs.  She recoiled in surprised shock.  I said that they do not wear out and I did not need a new one for my now 13 year old TV which is still as good as the day I bought it. 

John

Edited by Assisi

my pioneer kuro(last and best) is coming unto 10 years old... nope no sign of imminent death or anything :D 

doesnt worry me ... can keep doing what it its doing ....

My 58" V series is still going strong too.

I'm planning to replace it with a new 65" Panasonic OLED this year. Seems a bit sad as there's nothing wrong with it, but I want to get on that 4k bandwagon as I'm streaming at that quality now...

The 58" will live on in the bedroom though.

The last of the Kuro ... and Pana/Kuro VTxxA TVs ....  really still are quite good, considering the age.

Yeh i have 3 kuros all still going strong.
And a pioneer from 2004 still going fine.
The only problem with these plasmas is the heat. Great for winter, terrible for summer.