twofires

Tiny boxes - Wharfedale Denton, Spendor A1, ProAc Tablette 10, Harbeth P3ESR - thoughts?

Oh man he has probably sold out now, but Audiofix was the distributor of Spendor until very recently, and was clearing out stock at bargain prices, shipped to your door. Worth a call still just in case he has something available.

@Andre28 Yeah, I saw that. It looks like there's still some A1s in stock, however I'm not sure I'll have the funds together in time to secure a pair. And even then, I'm not sure how they sound.

This is the crappy thing about researching while you're still saving, you get to see all the cool stuff that will be gone by the time you're ready to buy. Ah well.

Well i got a pair because they needed to go in a small space and ported was just not going to work (had to get rid of my PMC transmission line bookshelves).
They have been very good in the role, nice clear vocals. As much as I loved the PMCs more in open space, these are definitely better now on this cubicle like desk.

On 08/02/2019 at 8:04 AM, twofires said:

I made there's mistake of looking up the price of the Grahams while drinking my morning coffee.  😅 I have no doubt they sound amazing, though. 

I think the Spendors are more realistic for someone of my means. Mostly I'm curious about how their budget "A Line" compares to their classic stuff.

Having heard the small Grahams I thought they were much better than the Harbeths but then I’m a huge fan of Graham speakers.

The Tablettes are stunning speakers for their size but need loads of space, good stands and plenty of power to sound their best. Despite their small size the last place you want to mount them is on bookshelves.