Sign in to follow this  
KYK

SOLD: FS: Meridian 559 Two Channel Power Amplifier

Item: Meridian 559 Two Channel Power Amplifier
Price: $2,380
Item Condition: Used, Very good condition
Reason for selling: Upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash Only (note I no longer have the packing box and the unit is 42kg)
Extra Info: This power amplifier has two toroidal transformers and will output more than 300W/channel into 8ohms. It can also be bridged to give over 1000W into 8ohms.

The core design of the amplifier employs a radical new amplifier topology which was created specifically to meet the demands of new audio formats, and which was first featured in Meridian’s DSP8000 flagship loudspeaker. Link to Meridian Tech. Specs. - https://www.meridian-audio.com/media/6816/559-300w-two-channel-power-amplifier-datasheet.pdf

Unit comes with the user manual, power cord and all accessories.

Note this is the updated model, the previous model weighed a little less at 37kg.

Pictures:

IMG_20190117_173324.thumb.jpg.3e62e314b4a7415edcc84e956e3fd5fc.jpgIMG_20190117_173338.thumb.jpg.b560063f8c5d29ea37a667001542e917.jpgIMG_20190117_173400.thumb.jpg.82e8c9965ef21e7eff4c95873bbddd5a.jpgIMG_20190117_173612.thumb.jpg.b0dbc1cdd7bb2892d17cec7fdd6f1103.jpgIMG_20190117_173631.thumb.jpg.c14783cc25414ec062b986e302a43f5c.jpgIMG_20190117_173750.thumb.jpg.883783d256427756b92933997dbb79df.jpgIMG_20190117_173900.thumb.jpg.783c1147d634e103def917967ec71666.jpgIMG_20190120_184432.thumb.jpg.5b418e0591c92ee3197e77c2a735075f.jpg

Sold pending payment.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tfranic
      Item: Krell KAV-300i, 240V
      Price: $1200 + postage
      Item Condition: Used but in excellent working condition
      Reason for selling: Moved house and with too much gear, lightening the load
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Very reluctant sale as this is an excellent unit and whilst other amplifiers have come and gone, this has always sounded and performed flawlessly. I am the 2nd owner and used it to drive my old series B&W 604s. Whilst the back sticker states it is a 115V it definitely a 240V unit.
      I have the original double box packaging, the remote, operating manual and torx key. Input 3 is currently set for surround sound processor so bypasses volume control but can be changed with the flick of the jumper on the inside panel. Instructions within the manual.

No marks to speak of except small one in the centre top panel at the back edge as seen in the last photo.

Made in the USA

Photos:

• By **ZEP**
      Item: CHORD MEZZO 140 Power Amplifier
      Price: $2750
      Item Condition: USED
      Reason for selling: No longer used
      Extra Info: Rare chance to own a Chord MEZZO 140 Power Amplifier. Specs are here: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/mezzo140/

This is a stunning Power amplifier that really added clarity, snap and analytical presence to my system. In my opinion, I thinks it's a British Masterpiece - as with the whole Chord Ensemble - From Dave to POLY, Chord Electronics just make good gear. The amplifiers detailing is sublime. Its in you face, but not like some rowdy drunk on a Saturday night, it's more like an Elite Soldier from Hereford, unassuming, discreet, yet very capable and you just know its great. As you can tell I'll miss this amp. But alas it has to go..... 

Contact me if you'd like to know more information, Chord Packaging included and this is a non smoking, pet free home.

Good Luck and I look forward to hearing from you.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Bustlin Battletoads
      I
      Item: Meridian DSP5500 pair + Meridian DSP 5200HC Single
      Price: $4,500 ONO
      Item Condition: good used
      Reason for selling: Moving house/surplus to requirement
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, EFT COD Only -  Happy to ship if the right arrangement can be made!
      Extra Info:
      Have had these in the bedroom system for a while now and absolutely love them but times are a changing so giant speakers in the bedroom is not high on my wife's priority list. Especially after just buying our first home and with our first child on the way (probably fair enough)

Meridian DSP Speakers. In good working order and excellent used condition. They sound incredible and should outperfom anything at the asking price IMHO  

Remote included
      Power Cables included
      No boxes
      Surround controller(faulty PSU) and video processor(fully functional) also available at addittional cost if interested.
      on closer inspection i have noticed a slight blemish on LHS bottom corner of one of the speakers - hard to see but its there.

Photos:
      Happy to send additional pictures of the speakers if required. theres were taken in a rush. 

• By Goatboy
      Item: Exposure 3010 Stereo Power Amplifier
      Price: $680   $500
      Item Condition: Very Good - functions perfectly / minor cosmetic wear
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info:

Having one last crack at moving this on. I think this is a great amp for the asking price.

I bought this power amplifier from the forums in 2017. Its main use is HT duties, as well as spinning 10 hours or so of vinyl each week. The amp has performed flawlessly and presents as warm and emotive, ie. the Exposure house sound. The amp is rated at 100w / channel into 8 Ohms, and has the capability to run as a mono amp, as well as the option to biwire.

Note: the amp only takes banana plugs. 

Cosmetically, there are minor blemishes and some light scratches on the top of the unit.

I have the original box, and happy to post.

https://www.exposurehifi.com/images/quickstart/3010_Power_Amplifier_QS_Manual_web.pdf

Specs:
      Power Output (Stereo): 100 Watts per channel at 1KHz into 8 Ohms
      Power output (bridged mono): 110 Watts at 1KHz into 8 Ohms
      Input Impedance: 18K ohms
      Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20 KHz ±0.5dB
      Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.015% at rated output ref 1 KHz
      Signal to noise: >100 dB ref rated output
      Channel Separation: >60dB, 20Hz - 20KHz
      Mains Supply: 110/120V or 220/240V, 50/60Hz (factory set)
      Power Consumption: <350VA, 8 ohm load both channels driven
      Dimensions (H x W x D): 115mmx440mmx300mm
      Net Weight (unpacked): 11kg
      Gross Weight (packed): 13kg 

Photos: 

• By HiFi Collector Adelaide
      Item: PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Power Amplifier (available with Black or Silver front plate)
      Note matching Prologue Preamplifier is also available for purchase as new or ex-demo.
      Price: $2,470 (RRP $3,295)
      Item Condition: Brand new, full warranty - 2 years warranty (6 months tube warranty)
      Reason for selling: Discontinued model
      Payment Method: Card, PayPal, Cash, Bank Transfer
      Shipping: Ships with TNT Australia wide
      Extra Info: Can we switched from stereo to mono mode allowing for a second Prologue Poweramp to be configured as monoblocks - extra discount for ordering as mono pair! 

https://hificollector.com.au/product/primaluna-prologue-premium-power-amplifier/

Photos: