Gurnstar

SOLD: FS: ROTEL RCD855 CD PLAYER

Item: ROTEL RCD855 CD PLAYER
Price: 220 Negotiable
Item Condition: Excellent 
Reason for selling:  Surplus
Payment Method: EFT, Cash, Paypal, COD + Shipping at buyers cost
Extra Info:

Great sounding Rotel RCD-855 CD Player using famous Phillips TDA1941A Dac  + SAA7210P decoder  

Open, detailed highs + deeper richer bass and great dynamics like in much more  expensive, higher end players.
Output: Rca Analog and Digital Coax 
In excellent condition , no skipping or dithering.  All functions working.  Very fast CD loading mechanism and fast play.   NB : No remote.
Only known issue : Tray opens & shuts quickly, but placing finger when open stops the tray from immediately shutting for Cd loading ( see pics ) . This is a common issue with these players and can be rectified easily by removing rubber o-ring stops inside the tray .
Will pack securely with bubble wrap in box, for shipping at buyers cost.

High quality build, heavy with excellent power supply. See review :

Stereophile : 
"By now, it's no secret that one of audio's biggest values has been the hugely popular Rotel RCD-855 CD player; for only $400, it offered sound quality on a par with far more expensive gear, and provided countless tentative audiophiles with the perfect interim CD player during a period of almost daily digital breakthroughs. I don't know about you, but it seems to me like Bob Harley (in whose beard we trust) has been heralding a newest bestest digital processor in every issue of Stereophile for the past couple of years now! I'm not blaming my homeslice RH, though; the Mark Levinsons, Audio Researches, Thetas, Staxes, Wadias, and VTLs have been battling it out for the title of Supreme Digital Leader with more stubborn inbred fury than a hundred Hatfields and McCoys, churning out ever-better gear almost faster than the chipmakers can cut their dies. So when Lewis Lipnick called the $400 Rotel 855 "the steal of the century" in Vol.13 No.7, a loud chorus of HUZZAHS! arose from the foxholes; finally, there was a cheap CD player that could hold its own with the big boys. Pow-er To The Pee-pull!   The Rotel was the right player at the right time; basically a standard Philips 16-bit machine with better parts and a beefier power supply, the 855 found a home in thousands of happy systems the world over. " 
https://www.stereophile.com/content/rotel-rcd-955ax-and-rcd-965bx-cd-players

Digital converter: TDA1541A,  Decoder: SAA7210P,   CD Mechanism: CDM-4/19
Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Dynamic range: 96dB,   S/N Noise Ratio: 100dB,   Channel separation: 100dB,   THD: 0.0025%
Line output: 2V
Dimensions: 444 x 86 x 346mm
Weight: 7kg

Pictures:

IMG_20190205_143811[1].jpg

IMG_20190205_143853[1].jpg

IMG_20190205_144041[1].jpg

IMG_20190206_175446_20190206175548273[1].jpg

Edited by Gurnstar
more info

accepting reasonable offers 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Supe_3057
      Item: Rotel A12 Intergrated Amplifier, 12 months old
      Price: $900 ono $720.00 inclusive $20 Donation
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Change in direction
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: Item is in excellent condition minus a little dust. Have box and I think all the original packaging.

Photos: 

• By glams
      Being new I’m not sure if I’m supposed to start a new topic or tag onto an old one, so here I am.
      We have a wonderful, if not old, stereo set-up with Rotel AMP and pre-amp, Yamaha multi CD player, an old turntable and Dali bookshelf speakers. I love using it, but the rest of the family just grabs the portable Bluetooth speaker and connects to their phones! In an attempt to use the digital technology and get a better sound than a portable Bluetooth speaker, I purchased an audio pro Addon C10. Much better sound – may need to get a second one!

Anyway, the point of all this, apart from lamenting my old system, was to see if anyone knows of a sound bar for the TV that is compatible with audio pro gear. I cannot seem to find one. Audiopro have a gadget called a’Link 1’ but a person at one particular  store was not sure it would connect to a soundbar or a TV.
      Any ideas welcome! Maybe it’s as simple as using the Link 1?
    • By audio_file
      Item: Rotel RA-820
      Price: $150
      Item Condition: Scratched
      Reason for selling: Replaced
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank transfer
      Extra Info:
      Specifications from https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/rotel/ra-820.shtml:
      Power output: 25 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
      Frequency response: 10Hz to 40kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.4%
      Damping factor: 20
      Input sensitivity: 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 75dB (MM), 95dB (line)
      Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω
      Dimensions: 430 x 66 x 271mm
      Weight: 5.5kg

This was used for PC desktop speakers driving KEF Q1 speakers.
      I tried it on my Spendor SP2/3R2 and it had no problem driving these.
      Photos:

• By Lansche plasma guy
      Item: Audio Aero Capitole CD Player (for parts or rebuild)
      Price: $150 or offer
      Item Condition: Good cosmetic condition
      Reason for selling: Another project which will never be undertaken
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Deposit, COD Only
      Extra Info: One of the legendary CD Players.  Highly regarded when it came out for its extreme musicality and 'analog' like sound.

This player is for parts or rebuild only.  Its missing its transport mechanism.  I bought this player from a  mate a couple of years ago as spares for my Audio Aero Capitole MKii.  I didn't realise the players have different mechanisms so this earlier original Audio Aero Capitole (MKi) would not make a suitable donor so it has sat in a cupboard the entire time I've owned it.  When i bought it from my mate it had beens sitting under his bed for some years.  The mechanism is missing because he mentioned the laser failed, the mechanism was sent to the agent (Greg Osborn) to get a replacement fitted and Audio Aero went into receivership and stopped trading for a time so no mechanism ever eventuated.

You may be able to use the digital inputs, may be able to use parts, may be able to source another mechanism.  But its sold as parts only.

Really nicely made chassis.  Probably has some interesting parts inside.  Super heavy top loading player that may be of interest to someone.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By GeneralHicks
      Item: Rotel RA-1062 Integrated Amp
      Price: $170 - SOLD
      Item Condition: Excellent operating and cosmetic condition
      Reason for selling: No longer needed
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Great little Rotel amp, built in phono stage, has had my Rogers sounding great these last few years. Comes with remote.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.