Sign in to follow this  
Furtherthantheeyecansee

Old School Sony SXRD 70 inch

Hi,

I have an old faithful behemoth rear projector tv and it is dying. It is getting a very greeny/yellow tint which research tells me is the blue lcd on the optics block has finally failed.

Does anyone know someone in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne who can still service these? The picture on these things still holds its head high in the modern climate so keen to see if I can give the old girl a birthday!

Model is ks-70r200a if that helps!

Thanks for any help!

@Furtherthantheeyecansee,

@Pixels may be able to advise you. He's had considerable experience fixing this issue himself. See: 

However, my strong recommendation would be to move on. The Sony SXRD rearpro televisions were magnificent beasts when released, and in my opinion offered the best picture quality available to consumers at the time. I very much enjoyed my own 60 inch unit.

However, technology really has evolved considerably since that time.  Today's flat panel TVs can offer better black level, better contrast, more accurate colour, and do not suffer from silk screen effect, or vignetting. They also can be set to display the entirety of the picture, rather than overscanning it.

Edited by MLXXX