FS: B&W vintage DM6 Loudspeaker, circa 1975

Item:  Pair of B&W vintage DM6 Loudspeaker, date of manufacture circa 1975
Price:  $1,050 negotiable (pickup only)
Item Condition:  Great condition for it's age
Reason for selling:  Surplus, running out of space
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  Condition of the speakers is excellent. All drivers are original.  All drivers are functioning 100%.  Paint work and veneer is excellent condition. Minor dings here and there, but nothing major. No major staining or any type, or fading.  These were the first speaker produced by B&W employing the famous Kevlar mid driver.  These need power to drive them to their best ... but not too much ... 100-200 watts ideal.  I had EAR 509 100 watt monos on these and the sound was great.  Don't have high power amps anymore ...  Please PM if you require more information.

Pictures:  As follows.

• Speakers with original cast alloy standing feet.
  • Crossover modified by Lewitt Research Labs in New Zealand.  I don't think they are still in existence today, however, this company produced monoblock amplifiers and preamp of tube/transitor hybrid design.  Excellent sounding gear that is sought after.  Power amps include models Dragonfly and Firefly.  Top quality parts used including Mills resistors and Mundorf caps throughout, hand wound inductors, and completely rewired with Esoteric Audio Research cable.
  • Modified crossover allows for tri-amp or tri-wire.  Binding posts are top quality made by WBT.  
  • Fabric dome tweeter is perfect condition as well as the famous Kevlar mid.
  • Printed copies of user manual and servicing information.
  • Original specifications.

RDSC00616.jpg

RCIMG1591.jpg

RDSCN4344.jpg

RDSC04985.jpg

RCIMG0061.jpg

Ahh, sorry yes, have covers.... in good condition. I never used them. The fabric is not the most transparent.... and you literally put a curtain over the sound if you use them. However, they are original as far I know.

Edited by linnmaster
  • Like 1