Orpheus

Martin Logan Impression ESL 11A

Posted (edited)

What maggies I don't have any. Anyway I apologize to everyone for hijacking this thread.gary 

The music monster.

Edited by Gary janezic
Add

Now I suggest we all sit back, pour that scotch, light that cigar and enjoy the music! 

Unfortunately I can't do that since I'm at work... But will be very soon😃

We've got stock take, another long night out... 

Cheers to all, and have a good one. 

RJ 

PS;  we haven't heard from Orpheus yet, who was the OP, wonder how his Impressions are going? Hope they're awesome! 

Pictures would get this thread back on track... just saying.  Looks alright.

impression-esl-11a-5a2970b87f530.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wow!  Always better to be listening to music than raving....

I thought that when one 'raved' ... one was at a rave party ... listening to trance and dubstep (if you call that 'music'!  :lol: ).

Andy

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Wow!  Always better to be listening to music than raving....

You know how the old saying goes; "if you can't listen to music on the world's best speakers ( because you don't actually own a pair) then make sure everybody knows how inferior their speakers are". Or something like that, I might be inadvertently paraphrasing.

Edited by deanB

The new ML line up of the Masterpiece series is truly redefined in terms of hybrid stats at its finest. All the way up from the ESL classic 9 to the Renaissance 15A is superb!

I've heard the Ren15A's driven with top line Pass Labs XS300 monoblocks. It was not only sonically stunning but also visually stunning. It's a shame I couldn't get pics simply because I was transfixed in the moment... The Ren15A is now available here and is similar in price to the CLX's. It's basically a scaled down version of the Neolith's. These special hybrids are obviously required to be placed in a very large room, for them to unleash their visceral power. 

Having said that the Impression and Expression series are extremely well placed at the top tier of value for money. What they're capable of, many so called high-End transducers are not even close, given their price tags... 

The ESL11A and 13A can also be driven by moderate powered tube amps, as their efficiency is quite high (91-92dB). And when matched with the perfect tubes, it's a very seductive musical experience indeed!

I'm sure Orpheus is having a very blissful listening session whenever his system is fired up on those ARC monos, although we haven't heard from him as yet... 

Trust all is well over there Mr,  O 

Cheers, RJ