Where to buy ATC in Perth ?

Thanks guys for the quick reply. Also hello to fellow audiophiles in Perth.

Had the opportunity to audition a pair of SCM19 in a semi near field setup. Mightily impressed. Bought a pair for my other place overseas. So, thinking maybe I should seek out a pair for the small space I have in Perth. 

On 01/02/2019 at 1:31 PM, Hydrology said:

John seriously needs to refresh his website, its winning the title of Worst-Looking Audio Website Ever!! ?

Nah not even close.....  There are some shockers out there!

Not naming names though.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 11:03 PM, joeling said:

Thanks guys for the quick reply. Also hello to fellow audiophiles in Perth.

Had the opportunity to audition a pair of SCM19 in a semi near field setup. Mightily impressed. Bought a pair for my other place overseas. So, thinking maybe I should seek out a pair for the small space I have in Perth. 

Hi,

I would love to read your impression on ProAc's vs ATC's.

While I found the ATC SCM 11 and SCM 7 to be very truthful, I also felt a bit of boredom. But this maybe only to my taste buds.

As my comparison (1SC vs SCM 11 and 7) goes back a number of years now, I am not sure of what or how I would feel today....

Before X-mas I contacted both Revolution Turntable as well as the importer of ProAc speakers for Australia, RVM, both here in Perth, to receive more information about a possible demo of a specific model. I did not hear back from either one.

I am not sure of what is happening in my beloved WA, but boy must they do good business......

Cheers,

moonstone 

12 hours ago, Moonstone said:

Hi,

While I found the ATC SCM 11 and SCM 7 to be very truthful, I also felt a bit of boredom. But this maybe only to my taste buds.

As my comparison (1SC vs SCM 11 and 7) goes back a number of years now, I am not sure of what or how I would feel today....

Before X-mas I contacted both Revolution Turntable as well as the importer of ProAc speakers for Australia, RVM, both here in Perth, to receive more information about a possible demo of a specific model. I did not hear back from either one.

I am not sure of what is happening in my beloved WA, but boy must they do good business......

Cheers,

moonstone 

I can't help you with the ProAc part of the comparison but if you want a demo of the ATC SCM 11s, I can certainly help with that. My service is much better than my website ?.

Not sure if your previous comparison used the newer design ATCs with the ATC built tweeter but in any case, you are more than welcome to come over, have a listen and see what you think.

Cheers,

John

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Moonstone said:

Hi,

Cheers,

moonstone 

Hi Moonstone. I’m not sure if the atc’s you heard were faulty or had a inadequate amp driving them but imo ATC speakers are far from boring.

I would describe them as insightful and revealing with amazing clarity.

Shame to hear about your dealings with revolution turntables, I have noticed some dealers seem to make you feel like your wasting their time if your not buying a top of the line product or just want a simple demo. 

Thanks for chiming in John ?

Ok a little update. I will secret over to John's place to pick up the ATC 19 passives tomorrow while the Mrs. is looking the other way. Unfortunately, I will fly away for a month early hours of Saturday. So, perhaps I will get to them in March. 

Anyway, another pair is waiting for delivery in my next destination. Will burn in then go head to head with a pair of M30.1. Amplification is likely to be a Naim 282 + supercap + 250.1 combo. Unfortunately, the placement may not be ideal but what to do.

BTW, I am a diehard ProAc fan or sorts. The Carbon 8 has been with me for the last 4 years. While there are so many temptations out there, I am still holding on to the C8 both due to financial constraints ? and also the fact that the whole system is built around them ?.

Edited by joeling
  • Like 1

Hi,

thanks for your thoughts.

As I wrote, it has been a number of years, where I certainly was more active in regards to speakers. The ATC I listened to at the time were those in the photo, and as far as I remember, they were quite a bit of power hungry. I did like them for their honesty and neutrality, but missed a bit the zing....

When the time comes for us to be in the market again, I will most certainly give the current models a listen to....

Cheers moonstone

ATC SCM 11.jpg

56 minutes ago, Moonstone said:

Hi,

thanks for your thoughts.

As I wrote, it has been a number of years, where I certainly was more active in regards to speakers. The ATC I listened to at the time were those in the photo, and as far as I remember, they were quite a bit of power hungry. I did like them for their honesty and neutrality, but missed a bit the zing....

When the time comes for us to be in the market again, I will most certainly give the current models a listen to....

Cheers moonstone

ATC SCM 11.jpg

I haven't heard that series but have heard earlier ones with the old Vifa tweeter.  The models with the new ATC tweeter are head and shoulders above the old Vifa tweeter models.  The tweeter in the ones pictured are lesser than the old Vifa tweeter so I image there'd be a substantial improvement there.

98ECFE6F-6DBB-4E9C-B8B2-CCDEB20751FE_zps

470E1EC5-1FC0-4A3B-9BED-A2ED6A4BCFC7_zps

10F1BCF4-C794-43E0-9DAB-6E1CB766E9D1_zps

627E25BB-CF1E-4A77-BD1D-DE279EB2E73A_zps

D70408C7-C800-4BD4-8D39-0C4721266D6B_zps

Shout out to John for the very professional & quick service to secure the speakers. Took them home fired them up. First impression :

1) better staging

2) better bass

than the ProAc D1 (but then again, the D1 looked diminutive side by side with the SCM19). Probably not a fair comparison.

Will burn in when I get back to them. Not as smooth yet.

Also, I had them on 26" stands. 24" is more suited.

• Like 3

On 07/02/2019 at 10:16 PM, joeling said:

98ECFE6F-6DBB-4E9C-B8B2-CCDEB20751FE_zps

470E1EC5-1FC0-4A3B-9BED-A2ED6A4BCFC7_zps

10F1BCF4-C794-43E0-9DAB-6E1CB766E9D1_zps

627E25BB-CF1E-4A77-BD1D-DE279EB2E73A_zps

D70408C7-C800-4BD4-8D39-0C4721266D6B_zps

Shout out to John for the very professional & quick service to secure the speakers. Took them home fired them up. First impression :

1) better staging

2) better bass

than the ProAc D1 (but then again, the D1 looked diminutive side by side with the SCM19). Probably not a fair comparison.

Will burn in when I get back to them. Not as smooth yet.

Also, I had them on 26" stands. 24" is more suited.

Thanks for sharing your first impression and enjoy your new speakers.

reg. moonstone 

• Like 1