SOLD: FS: Holfi Integra 8 integrated amplifier, Xara DC CD player, Thera FM tuner

SOLD

Item: Holfi "Integra 8" integrated amplifier, "Xara DC" CD player, "Thera" FM tuner
Price: 1300
Item Condition: Good                  
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Up for sale is a classic in audio Denmark history.

Firstly the Holfi integra 8 integrated amplifier with RIAA Phono stage. The folks at Holfi were very much into simplicity and minimalism in both its signal path/circuitry, aesthetics and functions of its products. All there is on this amp is volume, mute and source selector.

I would describe the sound of this amplifier as natural yet musical after how many years this was made (in the late 1990s) with a wonderful resolution in the midrange and highs particularly. The lower end is not as prominent but certainly substantial. Output is 70W into 8ohms.

Next up is the Xara DC CD player, this version is the higher spec version with the battery powered non-feedback, Class A single-ended analogue amplifier.

The analogue and digital have separate power transformers. The sound from this cd is very similar to the integra 8 and compliments it well.

Lastly the Thera FM tuner is also battery powered, Hofi were very much into separate power supplies for everything they made in this era in aiming to reduce noise and interference for different signal paths. The same applied to this FM tuner.

All three of these components have a lovely cherry wood fascia. I have tried to get pictures to capture how lovely these look. Apart from the CD player the condition of the fascia’s for both the amp and tuner are very good. The CD fascia has a few nicks which I have tried to show In some of the close up shots.

All are functioning beautifully and I am keen to sell these three components together as they are made to belong together aesthetically and sonically.

Pictures:

IMG_20190127_195652[1].jpg

IMG_20190127_195857[1].jpg

IMG_20190127_195924[1].jpg

IMG_20190127_200148[1].jpg

IMG_20190127_200159[1].jpg

IMG_20190127_200204[1].jpg

IMG_20190127_200334[1].jpg

IMG_20190127_200011[1].jpg

IMG_20190127_200051[1].jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jazzman said:

Love your  xara dc. 

Thanks Jazzman. 

It still sounds lovely despite having an older dac. Apparently I read somewhere that they built this with an digital out so can use as a cd transport but the connection are internal to the chassis. I havent looked into that though so treat that as speculation. 

Edited by noddyc43

30 minutes ago, noddyc43 said:

Thanks Jazzman. 

It still sounds lovely despite having an older dac. Apparently I read somewhere that they built this with an digital out so can use as a cd transport but the connection are internal to the chassis. I havent looked into that though so treat that as speculation. 

Sure does mate. Great fan of holfi. GLWS. New owner is going to be real please. Good price too.

• Like 1