Kayo Sports

3 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

I find the UI on Stan the worst to navigate...

Stan is bad but at least the stuff that shows on the home screen are shows I would consider watching. Like if I want to watch Billions I just open the app and it's there. Kayo has absolutely nothing I like on the home screen, I have to scroll past everything to get to it or go to My Kayo. Sometimes I give up and turn the TV off it shits me that much.

Guest niterida

Yeah the KAYO app is pretty poor :(

And how long do events last on replay before you can't watch them anymore - I don't think its very long for the minor events as I missed some of them that I didn't have time to watch ......

I cut the Foxtel cabel from home this year and now use Kayo. Only really had foxtel for the footy.

Happy with it so far BUT now i have a stan, netflix, crunchyroll and kayo subscription

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wockstar said:

I cut the Foxtel cabel from home this year and now use Kayo. Only really had foxtel for the footy.

Happy with it so far BUT now i have a stan, netflix, crunchyroll and kayo subscription

but no doubt better than stan, netflix, crunchroll and foxtel subscriptions?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Decided to use the free trial of 2 weeks while the US open tennis is on, as they have 2 additional US open tennis channels.

Loaded it into the big Sony 75inch 4k Tele. 

Wow, what a piece of crap the picture quality is.   It barely gets to 1280 x 720 and most of the time so far is below SD.

Admittedly my ADSL2 is crap. Measured around 3.8 mbps tonight.  Netflix shows it as around 2.73 and that gives excellent HD picture.  Same with Amazon prime.

But on Kayo is is shiite.  Not sure how they do their streaming but it is nowhere as good as the others. 

Does Kayo remember where you are when watching a show?

Anyway, no way am I going to be able to let Foxtel go.

Kayo is very sensititve to slow internet connections, we have poor PQ during peak times, but perfect PQ at other times.

We watched the MotoGP race at 3:30 pm yesterday, great picture.

19 minutes ago, Batty said:

Kayo is very sensititve to slow internet connections, we have poor PQ during peak times, but perfect PQ at other times.

We watched the MotoGP race at 3:30 pm yesterday, great picture.

That's no good for the big sporting events.

3 hours ago, Kaynin said:

That's no good for the big sporting events.

I'm on a 50mbps NBN connection these days and find it excellent most of the time. Friday night football is never an issue. Still not as intuitive as Foxtel though, but again I'm sure they want to keep Foxtel as the better and more $$$ experience. Using whilst travelling on my laptop is a raffle, some hotels have excellent internet but most are throttled to dissuade video streaming 

I cancelled Foxtel 6 months ago and have been using Kayo since as 90% of my viewing on Foxtel was sport. I have a 50mbps NBN also and dont have any issues. However when i first started using Kayo i was  on ADSL 3-5mbps  and this was not a good experience at all. 

I haven't had any issues with Kayo either,  on a 50gb plan with Aussie Broadband. 

Picture quality has been great, my only complaint is the amount of sport Kayo doesn't show due to issues with FTA licencing .

7 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Well I have ADSL and Kayo is a joke.

Netflix and Amazon prime are excellent with my poor performing adsl

Foxtel will have to stay until I get NBN in the year 2925

I have poor adsl in my office and Kayo is hit and miss. Kayo is not the joke, your internet connection is.

If you were an Aussie company rolling out a new product in 2019, would you design it for ADSL or for NBN? Netflix and Amazon are multi national and have to deal with varied internet connections world wide. Foxtel will be very happy for you to continue to spend $100 a month for HD foxtel until you get NBN, it's what they want.

• 1 month later...

I have Kayo and have been using 200M connection whilst here in China, but I need to go through a VPN (ExpressVPN).  ExpressVPN is great can watch Netflix, amazon, and Kayo streaming.  

I have been able to watch much of the rugby World Cup.  Occasionally it locks up and I need to restart but mostly can get through a game without incident.

• 5 months later...

I’ll keep my subscription even though there’s not much to watch. I’m a golf fan. Kayo has provided a great service I’d hate to see it go to the wall over this temporary situation. I figure there are many other businesses in the same boat. I support them where I can. 

• 3 years later...

Any Kayo users still here in 2024.   Through my AFL club membership, I can get Kayo Basic for $260 for 12 months so $21.60 per month.   Normally $35 per month.    The basic offers some product at 4k and 2 screen users ATST.   

Any thoughts on the product.     I would be AFL, NFL, Golf, Cricket for the most part.

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cazzesman said:

Any Kayo users still here in 2024.   Through my AFL club membership, I can get Kayo Basic for $260 for 12 months so $21.60 per month.   Normally $35 per month.    The basic offers some product at 4k and 2 screen users ATST.   

Any thoughts on the product.     I would be AFL, NFL, Golf, Cricket for the most part.

Regards Cazzesman

I started off a few years ago on $20 a month.

I have become increasingly disappointed, with the limited range of sports they still cover - zero coverage of any form of tennis whatsoever!!

After they informed me recently of change to ownership and rise to $35, it was a no trainer to dump them!

And no regrets as l count the considerable saving!,🙂

• Like 1

I've been with KAYO for a few years, but cancelled it at the end of the F1/Moto gp series last year. Not long after that they offered me a $10 a month package for 12months. Grabbed that one straight off!, unfortunetly the year after Scotty Mac left super cars to drive for Penske in Indy cars they lost the rights to that series,Effing angry about that.

• Wow 1

Even though my Kayo sub is a joint venture with my sports mad son, thinking about it now it’s the most expensive subscription I have per month and the least used…….. might need to rethink it.

I love sport but only use mine for F1 and V8s and the odd NBL game or golf, I should use it for so many other things but most of my viewing is with the boss in toe and sport doesn’t get a look in. Plus I have NBA league pass given Kayo only plays the odd NBA game.

It adds up, but must say that when I was younger before the freedoms of streaming I was watching free to air tv when all my mates could justify Foxtel for $100 a month, so I’ve paid my dues!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marc said:

Love Kayo if only for F1. Pleased to see the last race now in 4K too. Worth it for me.

I started with KAYO about 2 years ago when I got a 3 months free trial from Sportsbet, KAYO also randomly select people to get the service for free for a month, which I think is pretty cool and has happened for me twice so far.

I've got 100mbs FTTB, so no streaming problems for me thankfully, although my Internet service did suddenly die on me last Thursday, which is only the 2nd time in since I've had FTTB, they had it fixed within 5 hours.

I like it for the F1 as well

It's a shame we can't have all the features that the UK F1 viewers can get through SKY, like following your favorite driver from his helmet cameras point of view and other such extras.

Pity there is more drama with F1 off the track than on it ATM, as it looks like another Redbull / Verstappen whitewash already unless some other teams get their act together.

In our NRL off season, I've started to watch the US NFL and Baseball, having replays available comes in handy when the live stream starts at 3.00am Sydney time for some of the NFL games.

The surfing has been good recently, with both the Aussies Molly Picklum and Jack Robinson winning Sunset last week with both having spectacular waves that got them high scores, and Molly Picklum also scored a rare perfect 10 for one her waves ridden at Pipeline in nice sized surf the week before.

The surfing moves to Portugal this week, in smaller waves than the ones they have just had at Praia do Norte in the 2024 Nazaré invitational.

Edited by Tweaky
  • Like 2