Feng Shui vs tower feat installation on PMC fb1i signature tower speakers.

Hi there

recently moves here from the UK. Set up the pmc speakers and Cyrus amps. Getting the tower speakers (or feng shui killers as wife likes to call them) out of the box and she notes that they look so much better without the feet. I kinda agree with her. Wondering what’s people’s opinion on how leaving them off will effect them sonically. And if I was to leave them off would a thin slice of something underneath improve them. Obviously this is not optimum for the speaker design but kind of a compromise for the other half. 5083D23E-FC76-42D2-B6E1-99ED5DA17D5F.thumb.jpeg.11736fae3a96bed0b1579efee54451ee.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.

Spikes - whilst I love them cause issues re movement of speakers and possible damage to floors. You can get spikes with spike footers/sliders that would only lift them about 1cm.

Some ramblings:

• I had and still have speakers on various strata. With reference to floorstanders I have and am still using various methods.
  • IMO it depends on the flooring.
  • On carpeted floors I have not used footers, spikes etc., as I was happy with the fact that I could move them around at will (as did the manufacturer when I went for a demo).
  • When I had them on tiled floors I tried small carpets underneath, but then moved to spikes on slideable footers - Google Herbies footers and you will see what I am talking about.
  • I have seen and heard the posistive effect of special footers to counter resonance effects, e.g. Townsend, Lenehan and others which I would like to pursue as well.

So, The cheapest would be to get something like carpet or cork, the exact size of the speaker to put in between thespeaker and floor. Cheap and will aloow some isolation a nd ability to move speakets around.

I am by no means an expert, but may I recommend Herbies footers - in slideable format. It may raise the speakers a bit, and also allow you to move them where they sound the best. If not successful you may be able to sell them at a reasonable price.

Pleae remember that life and hifi is a journey, enjoy the ride

• Thanks 1