FS: Naim NAC-N172XS & NAP-200 - price drop

Item: Naim NAC-N172XS + NAP200 will seperate
Price: $3,500 $3,400 $3,100 pair, or 172XS $,1800 / NAP-200 $1,400 (negotiable) + postage
Item Condition:  Very good.  Minor scuffs, but no significant scratches.
Reason for selling: Need cash
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal
Extra Info: I need to move on my cherished Naim gear.  I've used this combo with my Dynaudio 110 speakers for several years, and been very satisfied with it.  Comes with original SNAIC for amp/preamp connectivity, plus Vandamme Blue Series RCA to 5-pin DIN. Will be packed in original boxes.
Please PM me if you have any questions, and I'll happy to take extra photos if required.  Serial numbers supplied upon request.
I've just noticed that in the photo of the cables coiled up, the black surface they are on looks terrible.  That's just a desktop, NOT one of the Naim units!

Pictures:

20190116_175712.jpg

Naim_NAC_NAP_rear_no_SN.jpg

NAC172_rear_no_SN.jpg

NAP200_rear_no_SN.jpg

20190122_164914.jpg

20190116_180055.jpg

20190116_180009.jpg

20190116_175944.jpg

20190116_180119.jpg

Naim_boxes_no_SN.jpg

Edited by macbeth
Price reduction

Hi. Just a few questions from someone unfamiliar with recent NAIM gear but perhaps they are relevant to others too. BTW photos show serial numbers well. Are the units Australian delivered and are you the original owner? I see the pre box has NZ on it so presumably not a UK import. How old are the two units? I see the warning on power amp about not using standard bananas so what do you use for speaker cables? Many thanks, Kym

G'day Kym,
First, I don't see where I mucked up censoring the serial numbers!  I wanted to censor them just from public browsing, but I'd PM the full serial numbers to anyone who asks.
Naim serial numbers can be used to determine the manufacture year, but I should have put the build year in the description.  You're the third person to ask, so this was a big oversight on my part.
NAC-N172XS build year 2012
NAP-200 build year 2002
If you're interested, the link to the Naim serial number/year manufacture page is:
https://www.naimaudio.com/serial-numbers

I bought the 172XS from a private seller in Australia, and he claimed to be the first owner.  Unfortunately, I don't know where he bought it.  The box has "NZ" printed on it, but I don't know if Naim uses that to mean AU/NZ/Asia Pacific, or NZ specifically.

The NAP200 was imported from the UK (secondhand) in 2011 by a Melbourne Hi-Fi dealer.  I don't want to publicly post the dealer's name simply because there is a remote chance they might object.  I'm happy to tell you details via PM.  I think I'm the third owner.

I have always used Chord branded speaker cables with normal, single 4mm banana plugs at both ends.  Naim include a pair of dual banana plugs with their amplifiers, but these weren't included when I bought the amp.  However, many owners use single 4mm plugs.  There's info on the 'net if you want to confirm that.
I feel that the "warning" is more of a "we would prefer".  Perhaps any other Naim owners reading this could comment.

Thanks,
Regards,
Jeremy

naim_spkr_plugs.jpg

naim_dual_cables.jpg

Thanks @psychometrics1 , your first comment made me think I'd done something monumentally stupid.  Reminded me of something I saw on the 'net posted by a girl, where she'd carefully obscured her face in three photos, but failed to notice her reflection in the mirror that was also in frame.

• Like 1