New TV - Deadly 6 red flashing lights

Need assistance - Please,  Appologies in advance for the whole long story.

The teenagers have killed the Pana Plasma over their holidays with a lot of -, gaming, Netflix and normal tv watching and leaving it on even when they finished gaming!!!!

It seems 6 flashing lights will require a board replacement of some type, and I’ve done that once already. So new TV time.

I was thinking that the pic quality on the new OLED screens would be = to the old screen. Great, 

but then i read abut the BURN IN issues with OLED screens. Ouch - the teenagers  can easily rack up 8 hrs of constant gaming betweem them when on hols.  True, there about to go back to school but one goin to uni and could stil have long periods of gaming on the weeends and breaks.

I’m not watching CNN - the boys play COD, NBA , red dead 2, fortnight and alike.

I watch plain old free to air AFL when that comes around and catch up. 7 logo’s an issue?

Wife and kids also do a lot of Netflix viewing.

I would want the tv to last at least - 6 years for my budget- 3K max better at 2 or 2.5.  So do i need to worry on burn in - i am!

55” should be fine but open to 65” the old panel was 50”

Seems like DJ’s is have. Decent sale right now but i can wait for the footy to come around if the 2019 screens are going to have 2018 models on sale in the coming months.

Id like to narrow my search down - and go look at them so i can jump on god price when i see it.

With burn in worry i looked at a sony 9000F - yesterday and made the assistant put it on free to air - the tennis was on.  I’d say it was very very good - not excellent but something i could live with if - you guys think burn in is an issue.

Im tempted to go OLED and see what happens re some other threads here.  I compared the 9000F to the LG B8 OLED; these ar the tv’s in my budget - your assistance apretiated.

Also Ive ways had pana TV’s I’d go sony - lg and Samsung I’m not sure on but i know lg are making all the OLED panels - so ok.

LG

55 B8 - $1800

65 B8 -$2800,  

C8’s are 

55 2800 - cant find a 65 in budget they look to be 3800.

Sony

55 AF8 - $3200

9000F are the same price as the LG B8 (for LED!!) in 55 and $2400 in 65

Pana

55 FZ1000 - $3200 - same as sony af8 

55 - FZ950 - $2400

65 - FX800A - $2000 and $1400 for the 55 - these any good?  55 could be a stop gap say 2-3 years whilst the burn in gets sorted.

Am i missing a good model?

Thanks 

desperate Damo.

Heads up the lg 55 b8 can be had for $1500 at the moment - through bing lee on ebay using voucher PELECTRO.

I think the voucher can be used on the 65 version as well, but unsure of starting price.

Brilliant tv at that price, low lag - good for gaming

22 minutes ago, AudioGeek said:

Heads up the lg 55 b8 can be had for $1500 at the moment - through bing lee on ebay using voucher PELECTRO.

I think the voucher can be used on the 65 version as well, but unsure of starting price.

Brilliant tv at that price, low lag - good for gaming

Ok thanks I’m in qld Gold Coast I could try a price match

6 hours ago, DAMO 1147 said:

but then i read abut the BURN IN issues with OLED screens.

More myth than not.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

Also hdtvtest channel on youtube, mostly debunking this.

6 hours ago, DAMO 1147 said:

Am i missing a good model?

No, the LG is the best all round, and the cheapest.

3 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

More myth than not.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

Also hdtvtest channel on youtube, mostly debunking this.

No, the LG is the best all round, and the cheapest.

Thanks Dave

I went with the panna at 1950 as the lg was 1800 and I’ve been happy with panna previously.

colours are great but I’ll have to check what to change in the settings.

• Like 1