Sign in to follow this  
AudioGeek

FS: Redspade Audio PSE-144 speakers

Item: PSE-144 point source horns with AE bass drivers in sealed enclosure
Price: $4500
Item Condition: good - see below
Reason for selling: Moving to lesser quality speakers which are less visually intimidating.
Payment Method: Pickup only (not practical to ship)- Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: The horns are in perfect condition, I installed a new wiring harness 1 year ago. The bass cabinets are big 700mm H x 500mm W x 750mm D with AE TD15S 4 ohm drivers. The bass is the best I have ever had in any speaker - with a little bit of EQ goes flat to 20Hz. The 15 inch drivers were chosen as they go lower than the 18's. The sealed bass box is well made and heavy, has handles to make carrying them easier. The outside is not really finished and just has a coating of black paint. I was planning to refinish them, but never got around to it - hence I have described the condition only as good. The magic in these speakers lies in the premium crossovers for the horns and a custom premium passive network I had Paul Spencer make for the bass bins based on measurements. Sounds better than previous line level passive crossovers or any digital crossover I tried (minDSP and DEQX). Available for audition - they sound spectacular IMHO.

Pictures:

20160901_195424.jpg

20190125_144726.jpg

20190125_144910.jpg

New speakers.....bali.....new speakers.....bali....new speakers.....bali.....mmmmm🤔

"less visually intimidating" come on man up -i can see  stacked Altec voice of the theatre in that room 😂 -killing me i cannot get these 

19 hours ago, speedgod66 said:

"less visually intimidating" come on man up -i can see  stacked Altec voice of the theatre in that room 😂 -

That's what I was thinking. 

Ok, price drop $4000.

These bass drivers are from the same manufacturer as used by Australian legends - Kyron and Lenard audio. In these large sealed enclosures the bass is better than anything I have owned before. The point source horn images as well and has the same clarity,  resolution and detail as large electrostats I also own. However, they also has impact and dynamics that a planar cant do. These speakers can go loud effortlessly and fill a large space while still being able to do subtle and sound amazing at lower night time levels.

What are you using to power them? And what is the width of the horn?

Edited by Compass
Another question

Iam using class D amps, you need 4 channels.

The max width of the horn is 90cm, max height 60cm.

If your local I can show and audition, but you will want them after hearing.....

Im in Syd and very tempted, I'd be powering them with a Elektra Theatron(I think they are about 180W p/c), but even with your price drop they are still over my budget. :(

The horns are super sensitive and dont require much power. The bass drivers get better with higher power amps - I have an icepower 1200as and ncore 500 which have perfect "grip" of the drivers.

I use an Elektra in a HT setup, they are nice amps

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pdcoo7
      Item: Cubox i4 pro
      Price: $80
      Item Condition:used
      Reason for selling:NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3% or as friend, COD Only
      Extra Info: The Cubox i4 pro is equivalent in performance to a RPI 3, but unlike an RPI, it has a handy digital optical out (24Bit/192KHz). It is currently running Volumio on the 8GB microSD card and comes complete with a 2 amp 5 VDC power supply.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By pdcoo7
      Item: B&K AVP1030 Processor
      Price:  $150
      Item Condition: used
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3% or as friend, COD Only
      Extra Info: Great condition, built like a tank, but  where the AVP1030 really shines is in 2-channel playback. "Direct" mode gives the best unadulterated audio playback. So this will really appeal to someone who would like the convenience of an HT set up but really wants audio performance. Display segments are all good and all buttons both on remote and front panel are working. 
      Can pack well for interested interstate buyers but preference naturally to anyone that can pick up.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Edited January 20 by pdcoo7
    • By Nicko1979
      Item: Nad M10
      Price: $3000
      Item Condition:As New
      Reason for selling: No longer required, change of direction, keeping separates.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Purchased from Audio Trends on the 23/7/19 with a view to streamlining my home set up. I've decided to keep my separates system. Able to convince the girl 🎉 that the box's aren't that bad.
      I set the NAD up in my system on the 29/10/19, had it powered up for less than 5hrs, I would consider it as brand new. Has been boxed away since.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By corza13
      Item: Isotek EVO Sequel Power Cable 2m AU plug
      Price: $250 plus postage
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Purchased locally, as new condition. Great sounding cable. Selling the last of these as we renovate the house

Edited January 13 by corza13

• By thejt
      Item: Linn LP12
      Price: 1600 ono
      Item Condition: good
      Reason for selling: small child is now almost ready to destroy everything I own. Best it go somewhere safe.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Early Linn LP12 for sale equipped with Rega RB300 tonearm and Linn Asak moving coil cartridge. I am told that I am the third owner of this beauty with the original owner having it for many decades. The second owner got a newer Linn rather than upgrade. The fluted plinth is in pretty good condition with a few small nicks as seen in the photos. Lid is crack free with only minor swirling. Hinges replaced by myself so are almost new. No idea about the hours on the cartridge but it plays without a hitch and stylus looks very straight. I've put on less than 50 hours personally having only got it right before our child was born. It has been well looked after by all owners and I even have the original documents. Bonus shim for the tonearm in case you need to raise the height to accommodate a different cartridge. Happy for inspections for anyone in Perth.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.