FS: Redspade Audio PSE-144 speakers

Item: PSE-144 point source horns with AE bass drivers in sealed enclosure
Price: $4500
Item Condition: good - see below
Reason for selling: Moving to lesser quality speakers which are less visually intimidating.
Payment Method: Pickup only (not practical to ship)- Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: The horns are in perfect condition, I installed a new wiring harness 1 year ago. The bass cabinets are big 700mm H x 500mm W x 750mm D with AE TD15S 4 ohm drivers. The bass is the best I have ever had in any speaker - with a little bit of EQ goes flat to 20Hz. The 15 inch drivers were chosen as they go lower than the 18's. The sealed bass box is well made and heavy, has handles to make carrying them easier. The outside is not really finished and just has a coating of black paint. I was planning to refinish them, but never got around to it - hence I have described the condition only as good. The magic in these speakers lies in the premium crossovers for the horns and a custom premium passive network I had Paul Spencer make for the bass bins based on measurements. Sounds better than previous line level passive crossovers or any digital crossover I tried (minDSP and DEQX). Available for audition - they sound spectacular IMHO.

Pictures:

20160901_195424.jpg

20190125_144726.jpg

20190125_144910.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ok, price drop $4000.

These bass drivers are from the same manufacturer as used by Australian legends - Kyron and Lenard audio. In these large sealed enclosures the bass is better than anything I have owned before. The point source horn images as well and has the same clarity,  resolution and detail as large electrostats I also own. However, they also has impact and dynamics that a planar cant do. These speakers can go loud effortlessly and fill a large space while still being able to do subtle and sound amazing at lower night time levels.

The horns are super sensitive and dont require much power. The bass drivers get better with higher power amps - I have an icepower 1200as and ncore 500 which have perfect "grip" of the drivers.

I use an Elektra in a HT setup, they are nice amps

• 2 weeks later...