Devialet 140pro

The amp was sitting on a wall unit in free space...plenty of room around it. Even with no speakers connected with the volume turned up to half way temperatures of 65 degrees were reached. Due to so many configurations the unit is capable of, everybody’s outcome will be different. I can confirm with line level in the unit does reach these temperatures. People should be cautious with dealing directly with Devialet regarding repairs,as it may effect their consumer guarantee. My advise is only deal with the retailer/ importer or authorised Australian repairers unless the product is out of warranty. I don’t think the type of speakers play a major part, it’s more so the settings and the source. This has been my experience.

• Like 1

The amp was sitting on a wall unit in free space...plenty of room around it. Even with no speakers connected with the volume turned up to half way temperatures of 65 degrees were reached. Due to so many configurations the unit is capable of, everybody’s outcome will be different. I can confirm with line level in the unit does reach these temperatures. People should be cautious with dealing directly with Devialet regarding repairs,as it may effect their consumer guarantee. My advise is only deal with the retailer/ importer or authorised Australian repairers unless the product is out of warranty. I don’t think the type of speakers play a major part, it’s more so the settings and the source. This has been my experience.

I think Devialet will reasonably take their responsibility, and reject abuse of warranty. If it’s a product fault they will deal with it and improve it in the future , instead of changing warranty policy which no good for long run. Plus even you deal with local dealer, they will bill Devialet anyway, and might be more than Devialet do it themselves with their permanent employees. I could be wrong, but Devialet is good in services I trust them a lot.

When you say line level, what is that means?

I think Devialet will reasonably take their responsibility, and reject abuse of warranty. If it’s a product fault they will deal with it and improve it in the future , instead of changing warranty policy which no good for long run. Plus even you deal with local dealer, they will bill Devialet anyway, and might be more than Devialet do it themselves with their permanent employees. I could be wrong, but Devialet is good in services I trust them a lot.

When you say line level, what is that means?

RCA input.

If you choose to deal with Devialet directly , your consumer rights may be compromised.

Dealers / importers / repairers can not assess the units internally, therefore one cannot get a independent opinion on faults. The Retailer supposedly tested the unit and claims there is no fault. He doesn’t realise he is not a Devialet technician, and is now carrying the liability, this has been noted in an email which Fair Trading sent to me. There is more to this, that is why I am taking the legal path and case is currently active.

Devialet responses are always delayed and emails constantly interchanged between consultants.

Have you spend any time on the DevialetChat forum.
Lots and lots and lots of complaints about poor service

I surprised.

I have deal with Devialet a lot and I think their service is top notch! I am mainly deal with their HongKong and Sydney support team, and always one person service my ticket from beginning to the end. I deal with them multiple times, usually response in 2-3 days. May be try to call them and make a complain if you suffered from a region’s services attitude.

RCA input.

If you choose to deal with Devialet directly , your consumer rights may be compromised.

Dealers / importers / repairers can not assess the units internally, therefore one cannot get a independent opinion on faults. The Retailer supposedly tested the unit and claims there is no fault. He doesn’t realise he is not a Devialet technician, and is now carrying the liability, this has been noted in an email which Fair Trading sent to me. There is more to this, that is why I am taking the legal path and case is currently active.

Devialet responses are always delayed and emails constantly interchanged between consultants.

I haven’t tried RCA input, only USB, AES, Ethernet... your input is analog signal or digital? But in any case I don’t think it should hot to a degree that cannot be touched.

• Volunteer
7 hours ago, everydayIs25 said:

I surprised.

I have deal with Devialet a lot and I think their service is top notch! I am mainly deal with their HongKong and Sydney support team, and always one person service my ticket from beginning to the end. I deal with them multiple times, usually response in 2-3 days. May be try to call them and make a complain if you suffered from a region’s services attitude.

I haven’t personally had a bad experience. 

I was just commenting that the devialet forum is littered with complaints