The Song Game

4 hours ago, Ian McP said:

you lost the thread way back at Sailing Shoes: Little Feat

I think that was rectified a few posts after so all good as in -  the thread is back on track.

23 hours ago, deanB said:

Ian McP posted a song by Little Feat- Sailing Shoes. I'm going to be a stickler for the rules. 

:thumb:

Edited by zippi

Dr Feelgood! Hunt this doco down to find out all about 'em!

Oil City Confidential

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2010/feb/04/oil-city-confidential-review

< Julien Temple has made many movies about music – about the Sex Pistols, Joe Strummer and Glastonbury. But I don't think he's ever made a film as good, and purely insightful as this one, about the cult Canvey Island R&B band Dr Feelgood, who had their heyday of fame in the mid-70s pub-rock era that foreshadowed punk, before the band fell victim to infighting and a sad early end. The Feelgoods' reputation is not as weighty or towering as all those other music stars, and I think this has allowed Temple to relax and give us both an ­engaging film and a resonant psychogeography of Canvey Island and Essex itself. Like Will Self and the Isle of Grain in Kent, Temple finds himself responding to this striking and remote landscape, a little like the Cambridgeshire fen, but much racier, and a little like Brighton, but somehow more ­unworldly, melancholy and even spiritual.

In their glory days, Dr Feelgood punched out a blistering live set of rhythm and blues to a dedicated ­audience, with deafening harmonica and vocals from lead singer Lee ­Brilleaux and manic strutting lead guitar work from Wilko Johnson. With tongue only slightly in cheek, Temple suggests that this pugnaciously English account of the blues – and Essex is quintessentially English – could only have come from what the band called the "Thames delta" >