Help me choose a headphone under 1K

Hi All,

I'm looking for a closed back headphone to be used in my workplace. I'm after something under 1k new or used. I'm pretty new to this, I'm using a AT M50x at the moment connects directly to a Dell laptop. 

Appreciate any recommendation.

Thanks. 

The AT MSR7 is much better and you wont need a amp to power them. You get real bottom end with much better highs and mids. If you like the AT brand this will be a jump in performance, I had an old pair of M50 's and these are way better.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Noted. 

On a different topic, how noticeable in term of sound leaking an open back headphone in an office environment where your colleague is a meter away from you? 

I travel on the train and see and heard lot of sound leaking (annoying) from people wearing earphone! I'm wondering an open back one would be even worse. 

On 20/01/2019 at 2:17 PM, Noctis said:

On a different topic, how noticeable in term of sound leaking an open back headphone in an office environment where your colleague is a meter away from you?

You're neighbour can sing along to your music almost as if they're there with you.  Open backs provide no sound insulation at all.  I listen to my open backs in my study and my wife shuts our bedroom door to sleep because of the noise...  ;)

On 25/01/2019 at 9:03 PM, Kaynin said:

You're neighbour can sing along to your music almost as if they're there with you.  Open backs provide no sound insulation at all.  I listen to my open backs in my study and my wife shuts our bedroom door to sleep because of the noise...  ;)

LOL my girl thinks I'm going to go deaf, my HD660s leak EVERYTHING, but sound tops.

• Like 1

Fostex th610. In my opinion the best closed headphones under 1K. I ve tried like 20+ different models/brands. Very easy to drive. Of course external DAC/amp will improve the sound over any laptop/phone.  

• Like 1

IMHO the AT MSR7 is a great performer without having to invest too much in a portable amp etc to start with. Or if you want to go that path you can and still have some change left over. JBHI will have some you can audition on a stand. Great detail and depth without fatiguing highs and are closed back.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...