SOLD: Weiss DAC202 Reference Preamp-DAC/Headamp

SOLD

Item: Weiss DAC202 Reference Preamp-DAC/Headamp/Remote
Price:
$2,800 ONO (includes $20 donation to SNA) (New $9,700)
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Bought a $20k DAC
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:
Stereophile Class A+, Absolute Sounds Golden Ear Awards, + many more awards. I spent 12 months trying to find an upgrade and could not find any DACs under $10k that could come close to the Weiss and had to spend over $20k to beat it. The Weiss takes SPDIF, AES, Firewire. Like the Berkeley Reference DAC USB can be used if desired using the excellent low cost WaveIO high performance USB-to-I2S/SPDIF bridge (99Euro) reported as good as the Berkeley Alpha USB . The volume output is adjustable both analogue and digital, so it can be easily matched direct to poweramps, eliminating the need for a separate preamp. It has an excellent headphone amp - see excerpt from Stereophile below. 

Stereophile : "I truly enjoy my time with Weiss Engineering's DAC202. Its ease of use for both disc-based and computer audio makes it easy to recommend for those who want a digital system that doesn't sound "digital." The Weiss also offers a sound that will be pleasing to many audiophiles tired of fatiquing hi-fi sound. And I found its headphone performance absolutely superlative.

Pictures:IMG_2994.jpgIMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...