Bitstream BTS-300 USB DAC AMP ***Cheap***

Guest Benjet

Just ordered one from Canada today - looking forward to hearing what it can do with a portable music player in-between headphones (once it arrives).
It's very nice for the price. You won't regret it!

• 3 weeks later...

Mine turned up last night. Plugged it right in and fed it some MQA files from Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Rumours’ from my old laptop, straight through the supplied USB cord. Too easy.

‘Wow’ sounds for me - I heard things in ‘Dreams’ I either haven’t heard before, or have forgotten! ?

I also tried it between my brand new Activo C10 and a pair of low level new headphones, but it wouldn’t power up used this way.

Great value - not sure how much more you can ask from a $25 delivered unit.

I bought 2 at the original low low price.  They arrived within a week or so.  No issues at all.  Works well with some items, not so much with others.  My Apple products don’t seem to like it (not recognised?)

Sorry to hear some never arrived....

• 2 weeks later...

Guest Benjet

It works fine but just looks like some kind of gastric aftermath. More a proof of concept than useable portable setup.

d4cdebd0230e5949321221d53809b3d1.jpgThis is a little neater

I have been meaning to post here for some time to thank @Benjet for posting a heads up about this DAC. I grabbed one quite some time ago and managed to land it for AU$15. Hooked it up to my room system and was terribly underwhelmed but it works great on my Android phone (no extra power/hubs required) and it drives my HD650's surprisingly well. Super detailed it is not but it's perfect for Youtube/MP3 music and the like. It has a very smooth, easy to listen to character. I was quite pleased considering the small outlay.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...