Benjet

Bitstream BTS-300 USB DAC AMP ***Cheap***

Hi All,

Just got one of these Bitstream DAC/AMP from Partsconnexion in Canada. At the moment they are tipping them out for $10 USD delivered (bloody steal). Not only are they cheap, but they sound really really good. I've also got a Dragonfly Red and in my opinion, the Bitstream is hands down the better of the two. I've done all my listen with these using some HD-650 headphone, results may vary with other cans.

Get them whilst you can..

Ben

Bitstream.JPG

5 minutes ago, mexicoke68 said:

Just got one. Turns out it's free shipping :D

Yep. I just got back from Canada. When I was there I drove a 3 hour round trip to pick some of these up and find out when I get home they had free shipping. I've since ordered another two as either presents or as a backup. Let me know your thoughts on DAC when you get it. Only problem I've found with it is that the iPhone doesn't put out enough juice to run it, although you can plug in power in the CCK adaptor and it'll work. My friend has one and uses it with a Samsung with no issue.

1 hour ago, Benjet said:

Yep. I just got back from Canada. When I was there I drove a 3 hour round trip to pick some of these up and find out when I get home they had free shipping. I've since ordered another two as either presents or as a backup. Let me know your thoughts on DAC when you get it. Only problem I've found with it is that the iPhone doesn't put out enough juice to run it, although you can plug in power in the CCK adaptor and it'll work. My friend has one and uses it with a Samsung with no issue.

What do you mean by 'plug in power in the CCK adapter'? I thought the CCK adapter is just to attach the DAC/Amp to. 

On the USB 3 CCK there is a lightning port that you plug power into. This will allow the DAC to work

9CA78D90-6858-422A-8799-199001B57BF0.jpeg

For $10 USD delivered it's hard not to give this a go. I have a DragonFly Black that I use occasionally, looking forward to seeing how they compare. Thanks for pointing this one out.

For $10 USD delivered it's hard not to give this a go. I have a DragonFly Black that I use occasionally, looking forward to seeing how they compare. Thanks for pointing this one out.

Let me know your thoughts on it

Thanks, also just grabbed one. 

I ordered one too, Can we bypass the dac ?

Pretty sure you can’t. They do have a model which is just the amp. They had some last month when I was at their store. Anyhow the DAC sounds quite good IMHO.

1 minute ago, Benjet said:

Pretty sure you can’t. They do have a model which is just the amp. They had some last month when I was at their store. Anyhow the DAC sounds quite good IMHO.

I have an iPhone , so it won’t work right?

Can only use it with my laptop.

I have an iPhone , so it won’t work right?

Can only use it with my laptop.

You’ll need the Apple USB3 CCK. And you’ll need power supplied to the CCK as the iPhone won’t put out enough juice. Not the most portable of setups.

Will work great with your laptop.

Just as a gauge on how much I love the sound of this device, I have two headphone setups. One at home and one at work. The setup at work cost 1/24 that of my home setup and if I was to rate the home setup as 100%, I would give the work rig a very respectable 85%. Mind blowing value!!! Just goes to prove the law of diminishing returns on high end systems....  

On 22/01/2019 at 9:50 PM, Benjet said:

You’ll need the Apple USB3 CCK. And you’ll need power supplied to the CCK as the iPhone won’t put out enough juice. Not the most portable of setups.

Will work great with your laptop.

Actually you can bypass the power requirement by using a USB hub in between. This works for me but it's a hit and miss as to which USB hubs it works with.

Guide here: https://blog.jdslabs.com/2014/01/how-to-connect-android-ipad-or-iphone-to-a-dac/