Vale Chris Wilson

Very sad news.  RIP Chris.

Amazing harmonica player and vocalist, and such an all round gentlemen.

His book reviews on 'Off The Record' on RRR were always a treat.

We've lost a national treasure.

He's sure earned his golden harp.

Last saw him play at the Spotted Mallard with Geoff Achison et. al. to give my son a bit of a quick education in live blues.  He was blown away!  

I'm off to see the Souldiggers tomorrow night.  I expect Geoff will be very saddened by this and will be paying tribute in some way.

Fans should probably tune in to Son Of Crawdaddy tonight on RRR.  Apart from hearing Chris Wilson do the theme tune for the program I expect Max will be dedicating some time to his legacy.

Jeff Lang's tribute here is also a good read.

https://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2018/08/23/chris-wilson-the-gentleman-of-australian-blues-needs-you/

GoldHarmonica.jpg

• Like 4

Very sad news.  RIP Chris.
Amazing harmonica player and vocalist, and such an all round gentlemen.
His book reviews on 'Off The Record' on RRR were always a treat.
We've lost a national treasure.
He's sure earned his golden harp.

Last saw him play at the Spotted Mallard with Geoff Achison et. al. to give my son a bit of a quick education in live blues.  He was blown away!  
I'm off to see the Souldiggers tomorrow night.  I expect Geoff will be very saddened by this and will be paying tribute in some way.

Fans should probably tune in to Son Of Crawdaddy tonight on RRR.  Apart from hearing Chris Wilson do the theme tune for the program I expect Max will be dedicating some time to his legacy.

Jeff Lang's tribute here is also a good read.
https://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2018/08/23/chris-wilson-the-gentleman-of-australian-blues-needs-you/
GoldHarmonica.jpg.7192c30a514f0741f8d854a429918cfa.jpg

Jeff did a Chris song and talked about him at Thredbo festival this last weekend
  • Like 1