DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0 Dual Core with Gieseler PSU

Item 1: DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0 Dual Core Full range digital room correction system/DAC and fully balanced preamp.

Item 2: Gieseler Power Supply 12v

Price: 750 for Antimode, 200 for PSU

Condition: Excellent

Reason for selling: this is now in my second system. Largely unused, selling to fund pricey headphone setup.

Other info:

I bought the Antimode new about 2 years ago from Deep Z audio in Australia. Comes with box and all accessories including obviously the mic and remote.

This piece of gear was by far the best improvement to my system per dollar spent. In 5 minute it will solve all of your room issues. Easy to use, it also allows on the go corrections as it is a digital equaliser too (zero distortion added, being digital).

Can be inserted in any system, either along the digital or analogue path. If using the latter, it can be used in fully balanced mode.

It has won multiple awards and has been component of the year on stereophile for many years in a row.

Please google for reviews.

It has his own PSU but, as you will find on the reviews, an external linear PSU improves its performance, particularly when the analogue circuit is used.

It is also an amazing preamp with substantial gain and low noise floor. I used it to drive a Sanders Magtech, which is notoriously hard to drive, without any issues.

Postage can be organised at cost.

20190116_191141.jpeg20190116_191128.jpeg20190116_191201.jpeg20190116_191238.jpeg20190116_191252.jpeg

I have one of these and it's a keeper, it manages my twin subs and it is child's play, a massive improvement over mucking around with them 'by ear'. Amazing bang for buck and a nice looking little component too.

Will grab the PSU for mine if @colinm1 doesn't need it.

1 hour ago, powerav said:

People that have these say they are the biggest improvement to their system that they have ever made including me but they are very rarely spoken about on these forums????

So what is it? Also can you give example.

Edited by audiohifiaudio

People that have these say they are the biggest improvement to their system that they have ever made including me but they are very rarely spoken about on these forums????
True. I think it's because it kind of spoils the game a bit to know that a single and cheap piece of gear like this one will achieve what otherwise would have required years of testing and many thousands $$
  • Like 1

No, it's more than just bass management. The room correction can go up to 500Hz and then you can add your own parametric filters to it to boost or cut other frequencies. What it does not do is any impulse correction. I used one of these for a few years until its bigger brother, the X4 came out, but the dual core was a ridiculous bargain for what it did, considering it was a decent DAC for its price and preamp as well.

• Like 3

So what is it? Also can you give example.
It is a box that measures the frequency response of your room and automatically adjusts the signal from your sources accordingly, so that the desired frequency response is obtained at the listening chair.
It does not correct the bass only, it can correct the full range of frequencies if you want.
  • Like 3

Hi I will take the dspeaker only if it’s still available.  Thanks.
Thanks. I'd prefer to sell both items at the same time so I'll wait a bit longer. If it doesn't happen within a day or two, you can have the DSPeaker only.

1 hour ago, Ittaku said:

No, it's more than just bass management. The room correction can go up to 500Hz and then you can add your own parametric filters to it to boost or cut other frequencies. What it does not do is any impulse correction. I used one of these for a few years until its bigger brother, the X4 came out, but the dual core was a ridiculous bargain for what it did, considering it was a decent DAC for its price and preamp as well.

Since you have in-depth experience of this unit, may I ask whether it does room correction using the Dirac Live algorithm, or in what way does it work differently to Dirac  ?

Edited by marten
Rephrasing

4 minutes ago, marten said:

Since you have in depth experience of this unit, may I ask whether it does room correction using the Dirac Live algorithm, or does it have a proprietary algorithm doing more or less what Dirac does  ?

Proprietary algorithm. It takes about 15 minutes to complete its tuning. You can set the correction from 150 to 500Hz but the rest of the process is automatic. It's a great way to balance subs (if you have any) and do low frequency room correction. DSPeaker do their own DSP chips, and internally this one operates at either 44.1 or 48 depending on source, though it supports digital inputs up to 96kHz.

Edited by Ittaku
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesMay said:

@Ittaku Interested if not yet sold, please let me know. Can pay PayPal now if that's cool, I'm in Belgium until tomorrow, back in Sydney Fri night. 

Thanks.

You're telling the wrong person :) I'm not the one selling it, only singing its praises.

• Like 1

[mention=259238]Ittaku[/mention] Interested if not yet sold, please let me know. Can pay PayPal now if that's cool, I'm in Belgium until tomorrow, back in Sydney Fri night. 

Thanks.

Hey mate. I'm the one trying to sell. Will you take the power supply too? It does improve performance.

1 hour ago, o2so said:
2 hours ago, brownemi said:
Hi I will take the dspeaker only if it’s still available.  Thanks.

Thanks. I'd prefer to sell both items at the same time so I'll wait a bit longer. If it doesn't happen within a day or two, you can have the DSPeaker only.

I will take both but was respecting that Darren69 was in first for the psu. Have pm’ed.  Cheers 

17 hours ago, powerav said:

I talk about EQ all the time on this forum....

Edited by davewantsmoore
Whoops, didn't realise this was a For Sale thread.
  • Like 1

People are still scarred by the analogue equalisers of the past and how blunt a tool they were and associated in general with low fidelity systems or PA. They probably have no idea how much more sophisticated and precise modern DSP is and how it's virtually lossless and noiseless. Rooms are all flawed and IMO DSP is essential these days. My system literally sounds 10x better with it enabled. In bypass mode it's actually embarrassing how bad it sounds for the cost.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, powerav said:

Have banged on about mine in my 'gear' thread a few times.

Someone got a very good buy here.

Have banged on about mine in my 'gear' thread a few times.

Someone got a very good buy here.
To be honest, considering that probably only about 5% of the forum users would have a dedicated, seriously treated and measured room for music, I think these devices are the most important component in anyone's system. More than speakers. Like, seriously much more than speakers.

People say they hear a difference when swapping cables or amplifiers. Bah. I struggle to believe such differences can be heard in a room with modes and dips all along the frequency range.
  • Like 2