flamjam

Crowson Actuators

38 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

BTW, I found on AVSForum about the Behringer DSP series. You can set up a low shelf filter on them to flatten it to zero.

So it might still be a decent option.

Originally Posted by aron7awol View Post
Alright, as promised, for those who want to flatten the iNuke response to 4Hz (+/- 0.5dB!) and only down ~1dB at 3Hz, here's a filter: LS 10Hz Q0.5 4.4dB

My Croswon is en route (thanks for the Oceanic tip jeffpr). I just hadn't decided on an amp by the time I ordered it (the rep was about to leave for Cedia so I put it in).

I still am tossing up on the actual Crowson though. I guess the standby is useful but not a real problem - more that I have to remember to manually switch it off... On AVSForum people have said volume control really isn't an issue as you tend to set and leave it.

When I was using the behringer, I had one of those free smart saver plugs that they were giving away to power it on and off, it had an IR Reciever on a long cable that would detect any remote ir ( for instance it would turn on when you turned anything else on) And you could set it to stay on for a set period of time ( I set mine to 3 hrs) then it would turn off.

you can have it if you like

edit: I know it has 2 outlets on it, it may even work as master and slave

Edited by brabs

38 minutes ago, brabs said:

When I was using the behringer, I had one of those free smart saver plugs that they were giving away to power it on and off, it had an IR Reciever on a long cable that would detect any remote ir ( for instance it would turn on when you turned anything else on) And you could set it to stay on for a set period of time ( I set mine to 3 hrs) then it would turn off.

you can have it if you like

edit: I know it has 2 outlets on it, it may even work as master and slave

Nice. Yes someone on AVS mentioned using a smart power strip. To be honest I didn't even know that that was until after I saw it mentioned. I guess I've never felt the need for smart light bulbs to avoid having to use a switch when I enter and leave a room... LOL.

Thinking about it though, I have no issue powering it up manually. I may initially forget to turn it off! Once I get accustomed to it, it should not be an issue. Just a wee bit inconvenient - but laziness for me is a slippery slope!!! :)

I ended up just getting an NX3000D. I've got the RCA to XLR cables ordered as well as a recommended quiet fan (the Noctua NF-A8 PWM Premium 80mm). Given Aron7awols low shelf curve to compensate, that seems like a pretty simple option I can live with.

Well, I got my Crowsons last weekend, and my Behringer arrived this morning, so I'll be setting it all up tomorrow!. I have a fan swap to do on the Behringer, plus I got to pick up some speaker cable connectors for the behringer from Jaycar (I didn't realize they didn't have standard speaker posts so didn't order them - I did get RCA to XLR cables, but missed the speaker connections...), and get it all installed and configured. I've got so much to do this weekend, projects and chore-wise...